Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Album of the year so far?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Should a new Darkness CD shortly ....... Be interesting, the few bits I've heard from it make it sound better that Permission to Land, it's all a matter of personal taste of course.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
hans kraay fan club said:
Kaiser Chiefs, f***ing brilliant.

Wise words but just heard the Gorrillaz album and the Shaun Ryder song is immediately outstanding.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Brixtaan said:
Wise words but just heard the Gorrillaz album and the Shaun Ryder song is immediately outstanding.

I believe DARE is the new single. Beware, the return of Shaun Ryder is nigh! :drink:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Bloc Party is great. A true classic. The Kaiser Chiefs is also very good.

Two brilliant more chilled albums - the new St Ettiene one is a stunning concept album, probably their best yet and the Magic Numbers is simply beautiful.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Jimmy Saville said:
[BBeware, the return of Shaun Ryder is nigh! :drink: [/B]

25th Aug to be exact, Clapham Common alongside Fatboy and loads of others.I would go except it's crap and expensive on the Common and always lights out at 11pm for the neighbours.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Jimmy Saville said:
Bloc Party is great. A true classic. The Kaiser Chiefs is also very good.

Two brilliant more chilled albums - the new St Ettiene one is a stunning concept album, probably their best yet and the Magic Numbers is simply beautiful.

Interesting about St.Etienne, i'll invest on your good word!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Brixtaan said:
Interesting about St.Etienne, i'll invest on your good word!

It's definitley as good as Fox Base Alpha. Some great poppy tunes on there. Dowload track 8 (I think it's called "Stars Above Us") if you want a taster...

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
It's British Sea Power's 'Open Season' of course. Even the shitty poppy production on the singles can't spoil it (too much), a modern classic. If they EVER use that !!!! who produced Girls Aloud again though I will personally shit in a sandwich box and send it to them.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
My best album this year is Janis Joplins Greatest Hits, bought in Music Meltdown, Sydney Street, £6. Bargain, and the owner, Paul Clark is a Brighton fan.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Superphil said:
My best album this year is Janis Joplins Greatest Hits, bought in Music Meltdown, Sydney Street, £6. Bargain, and the owner, Paul Clark is a Brighton fan.

He is indeed and the cheeky chappy sits in front of me at Withdean. Top plugging there btw.

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Kaiser Chiefs is excellent - my favourite by far. The Tears is great if you liked Suede, Faithless Greatest Hits is getting a lot of play, and the new Fun Lovin' Criminals sounds excellent too.

Last edited:

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Forgive me for being uncool but I haven't been able to take James Blunts Back to Bedlam out of the CD player.
Excellent.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
My favorate album upto now this year i would have to say is Brassbound by The Ordinary Boys. followed probably by The Invisable Invasion by The Coral.
i think our lass would have to agree with you eggo, she just loves back to bedlam.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I dont get The Kaiser Chiefs at all. 3 decent tracks on the album and the rest is very average.

Gorillaz is a good effort. Hard Fi dont really do it for me at all, that hard to beat tune is very poppy naff.

The best album this year though, is without doubt, THE WHITE STRIPES! Kicked arse at Glasto and the cd is class.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here