Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion's "Restart" fixture dates and TV coverage

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I anticipate massive audiences if the Germans are anything to go by, when football returned there they got highest ever ratings. Will be particularly interesting for BBC, who have to put it politely, not the most attractive of fixtures. Will they put them on BBC1 or BBC2?

They have live Premier League games for the first time. Pretty sure they'll be on BBC1, and get the largest-ever PL viewing figures in the UK.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
This will certainly cheer her indooors up , no more replays of Say Yes To The Dress or My 600lb life , and Dr Pimple Popper can do one .

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
the first match on the BBC and i will be wanting Palace to win! I think i will only watch a very little bit of that one

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Arsenal. Four away games in 11 days culminating in the FA Cup quarters.
Where are teams going to stay? Starting away at Man City they then have to get to Amex for Saturday, easy enough, but three days later Southampton. Overnights en-route or home?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
All the Amazon & BBC games are free I believe

Because what I want from my Amazon subscription and TV Licence fee is Palace and Palace. :rant:

Let's hope some of our games on Sky are free - the cheeky ****ers sent me an offer yesterday for Sky Sports at only £30/month!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Arsenal. Four away games in 11 days culminating in the FA Cup quarters.
Where are teams going to stay? Starting away at Man City they then have to get to Amex for Saturday, easy enough, but three days later Southampton. Overnights en-route or home?

I was thinking the same. Surely they have to travel on the day with no hotels open?

Or are Premier League footballers an exception over and above the rest of us?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was thinking the same. Surely they have to travel on the day with no hotels open?

Or are Premier League footballers an exception over and above the rest of us?

Are hotels not open?

I've just gone to the Premier Inn site and I can book a room in their central Brighton hotel for tomorrow night.

(I appreciate that Premier League teams will not stay in a Premier Inn, but it was the first place I went to, to check if hotels are open or not)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Are hotels not open?

I've just gone to the Premier Inn site and I can book a room in their central Brighton hotel for tomorrow night.

(I appreciate that Premier League teams will not stay in a Premier Inn, but it was the first place I went to, to check if hotels are open or not)

Fair play. That is news to me then. I shall stand down.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Are hotels not open?

Hilton:

Due to the current travel environment, and as part of local prevention and relief efforts, this hotel is currently only accepting new bookings for guests traveling for specific permitted purposes as defined by local rules. Future reservations are available for all guests. Please contact the hotel directly for status updates and information on restrictions that may be in place. Thank you for understanding.

I guess you could argue that Premier League footballers are travelling for permitted purposes then?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Fair play. That is news to me then. I shall stand down.

I had no idea either, which is why I searched!

After I posted that I went to The Grand (first booking possible was early July) and Expedia (nothing in Brighton for tomorrow), so I guess there may be just a handful of places open.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I had no idea either, which is why I searched!

After I posted that I went to The Grand (first booking possible was early July) and Expedia (nothing in Brighton for tomorrow), so I guess there may be just a handful of places open.

Buffet closed. *sob*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here