Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion's 'new' badge

Are you in favour of a return to the round badge?

• Yes

Votes: 476 83.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 12.1%
  • Fence

Votes: 25 4.4%

• Total voters

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Wow pretty comprehensive result so far

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Mayfair - when you get five minutes could you drop gold outer wording and drop in 1901 on the bottom between Brighton and Albion. Then you have it licked!

No need for Seagulls - the one in the middle gives it away
No need for Sussex - we know here it is
No need for the Martlets - already utilised by other Sussex clubs

I think the yellow inclusion was used during the 80's (?) on scarves and things and defined our full set of colours - would be nice to see it back.

i would like this simple badge on the blue stripe, like liverpools old badge.

This would be amazing! Especially as this is what I had tatoo'ed the week of the Hereford showdown!

HCQ

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Mayfair Seagull....that young man( or lady) is sheer class.

Brilliant bit of creation

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
I think the sheild has always been a bit "clunky" and couldn't put my finger on why.
Now I realise it's that thick red outline and the round eye of the fatgull.

Round badge, slimmer and slightly frowny faced gull (looks like he means business) gets my vote.

Beautiful images Mayfair Seagull

sussexbornandbred

Dec 27, 2009
is it possible to change our vote? i chose 'fence' before seeing the images below and just thought back to the slightly dated version of the round badge but this new revamped circle badge is far and away much better than the shield.

i do really like the 'good old sussex by the sea' round the badge like on the stadium image

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If you're emailing the club Mayfair make them aware of this thread, if they aren't already. This is the sort of fan opinion that, if listened to, would benefit everyone - the majority get what they want and the club shift more replica shirts and other round badge merchandise as a result.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Love the badge as previously stated. What would it look like with a 'serif' typeface? Not as obvious as Times New Roman but something similar.

I'd have a go at doing it but I'm rubbish with Photoshop. :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
is it possible to change our vote? i chose 'fence' before seeing the images below and just thought back to the slightly dated version of the round badge but this new revamped circle badge is far and away much better than the shield.

I've adjusted 'round' up by 1 and 'fence' down by 1.

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
Is the finish for the stadium still meant to be like this

0,,10433~3818486,00.jpg

Cant get the image to copy to the post. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Mayfair if you dont work for the club then maybe you SHOULD.

Top work. I even like the kit designs as well and I have no time for Errea whatsover.

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
Quality work...the new badge design's look quality, i hope the club take notice of what the fans want a change it back to the way it used to be.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Quality work...the new badge design's look quality, i hope the club take notice of what the fans want a change it back to the way it used to be.

I love it but the club and their clever external marketing/graphic designers (who never heard of BHA before) know better than we do by all accounts. So just accept this ain't going to happen and move on. When did clubs ever really listen to fans? FFS, get real.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I just think NSC might get into the merchandising game if the club don't seriously consider reverting to the old badge and, if not re-adopting it, presenting strong reasons for not doing so.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Top, top work Mayfair :clap:

To me a return to the round badge would also be a simple message 'Brighton ARE Back!'

And what better time to do it than when we return to playing in a proper stadium.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm just going to get a permanent marker, and draw a circle around the logo on all my Hollister t-shirts. I'll draw it round a cup, or something - I want it to look good.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Top, top work Mayfair :clap:

To me a return to the round badge would also be a simple message 'Brighton ARE Back!'

And what better time to do it than when we return to playing in a proper stadium.
Let's start a petition; this really shouldn't be ken millwall browns decision but ours. Why won't the club engage with it's supporters when it comes to important decisions like this. The Albion never listens to it's fans but they'd be ducked without us. Same up and down the country, people like brown and his massive commercial ego ruin the peoples game. Why can't they just listen to us for once. This new badge, from one of our own, is 1st class and can't be bettered. So why mess around with new concepts and branding as those wanky marketers will do.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Let's start a petition; this really shouldn't be ken millwall browns decision but ours. Why won't the club engage with it's supporters when it comes to important decisions like this. The Albion never listens to it's fans but they'd be ducked without us. Same up and down the country, people like brown and his massive commercial ego ruin the peoples game. Why can't they just listen to us for once. This new badge, from one of our own, is 1st class and can't be bettered. So why mess around with new concepts and branding as those wanky marketers will do.

This poll, effectively IS a petition, really, isn't it? I'm sure Paul C is aware of it, and will bring it to the attention of those responsible.*

*whether they'll pay any attention, is another matter entirely...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here