Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion's 'new' badge

Are you in favour of a return to the round badge?

• Yes

Votes: 476 83.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 12.1%
  • Fence

Votes: 25 4.4%

• Total voters

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I like your badge design except that the writing in gold is completely unnecessary

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
round badge all the way , always hated the shield . its like its not really our badge and signifies bad times. maybe an ask the club question

good photoshop work by the way:thumbsup:

I don't understand why it signifies bad times?
It came in after we got rid of the three stooges and a change was needed to exorcise all traces of Archer, Stanley and Bellotti.

Back to Back Titles

A play off final victory

Three seasons in the Championship when by rights we shouldn't have been near that division.

Withdean hasn't been all bad.

Having said all the above-I prefer the round badge (without the 'Sussex' bit). And we don't need 'The Seagulls' on our badge anymore-we are Brighton and Hove Albion.

Some good work by the OP. Particularly like the stadium exterior-that looks bloody good.

Last edited:

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Top left "Modern Seagull" way to American
Bottom left would actually look great, on a crest!

Refering to the alternative seagulls by the way.

Great work & seems a unanimous decision.

refering to the round badge malarky. God I'm stoned!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Nice work and of course the badge should be round

414915456_5a8fb64c37.jpg

and matching shorts

seagullShort.JPG

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
So much better than the current fat thing.Just reminds me of my mobil petrol sticker silk badge from 1980.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Bring it back I say, its what identified the club before 'the bad old days', they've gone so lets go back to our roots. The kit is also brilliant, reminds of the late 80's kit which I always liked.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I accidently clicked no...::facepalm:

PS: Why don't we ask Insider..

Last edited:

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Agree with everyone above, fantastic graphics there, love the look of the new badge with the gold writing, proper smart. Whip it over to the club asap so we can have a brand new look for a brand new era at Falmer!

Yoda

English & European
That's the best round one I've seen done so far, but would prefer the past to STAY in the past.

Lets look to the future. Onwards and upwards.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Just the plain round badge please, that says all we need to say.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
That's some top Photoshop work there.

I've always preferred the old round badge, and not just because I associate it with the most successful period in the club's history. I just don't see the point in the shield we have now as it doesn't really offer anything. It's more suited to a traditional coat of arms than a solitary seagull whilst the round one is simple yet effective and compliments our swooping seagull nicely.

My one complaint is that I'm not so sure of the gold you've got on the round badge in your pics, I think I'd prefer something more simple. In fact I don't know that we need ANY other colours than blue and white. However I'd still be happy with it if it meant replacing the shield badge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here