Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albions best ever Goal keeper?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Bloody hell. We really never have been blessed with a top quality keeper have we.

Hopefully that will change this summer...

Some of the keepers we've had in the past are world class compared to the shambles now.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
the stats say joe corrigan,played for england 9 times,would of been alot more if not for shilton & clemence

graham moseley was a fine keeper too,played 30 odd times for a very good derby side in the 70's

peter grummitt,my personal favourite,represented england u-23's in the early 60's,well he wasn't going to replace gordon banks was he

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Best stand in keeper?

Attachments

• stevegatting.png
    stevegatting.png
    255.6 KB · Views: 27

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Peter Grummitt was class. The best Albion keeper I've seen.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Safe as houses, he's the goalie in trouses.
I always enjoyed that rhyme.

Beeney for me. A tough bullock of a keeper with good reflexes and the look of someone who is about to hurt you.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Have to agree to be honest, was gutted when he went to Leeds :(

Can remember he always used to ping the crossbar to hit the incoming ball :thumbsup:

rosscrudos

Mar 17, 2008
May not have been the best but my favourite was Keeley. Made the best save I have ever seen against Oldham at Boundary park, better than Gordon Bank's famous save!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I was always a Moseley fan in the big Moseley or Steele debate, but you just had to be very impressed with Big Joe. We had him at the fag end of his career, so goodness only knows how good he was at his peak. And that was Englands THIRD choice, wow.

Jack Hackett

Jul 3, 2007
Peter Grummitt, pure quality. Dead heat for second between Graham Moseley and Ben Roberts. But for his career being curtailed by injury, I think Roberts would have gone on to be an absolute Albion legend. The best save I've ever seen live was one he made at Bradford when we won 1-0 with that dubious Zamora 'goal'.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Best is far too subjective, but my favourite is definitely FDM.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here