Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albions 2700 allocation lat night..

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think its fair to say it seems a daft decision to give us this allocation, 4 or 5000 could have been sold for even mid-week fixture against Palace.

What was the reason?

a) Police advice
b) They thought they would sell out
c) They are just foolish and turned away circa £40-60k in gate receipts

If it wasn't a) it just shows they are a poorly run club, and really a small one. I would also question whether they are so bothered about the rivalry as us...

Last edited:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
The owners were being childish and didn't want to give us the full allocation because we only gave them 2500. The only difference being we fill our ground and they don't. Pathetic.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The owners were being childish and didn't want to give us the full allocation because we only gave them 2500. The only difference being we fill our ground and they don't. Pathetic.

Bizarre hardly a club rolling in cash are they? They'd had been better taking the extra £50k and paying back a few of those they screwed when they went into administration..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I am going to start a new thread on this but the attendance was actually 14.5k last night - 2.7k Albion. Not 17k odd.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I am going to start a new thread on this but the attendance was actually 14.5k last night - 2.7k Albion. Not 17k odd.

According to Sussex Police on Twitter the 17,000 included 2,500 no shows from STH which artificially boosted the attendance.

But it was a very exciting episode of Corrie last night to be fair.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
According to Sussex Police on Twitter the 17,000 included 2,500 no shows from STH which artificially boosted the attendance.

But it was a very exciting episode of Corrie last night to be fair.

Yep that's what I meant. And that's where I got the figure from. Only 14.5k through the gate.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

14500 was the attendance announced on the radio...

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009

You're an idiot. You got 100 more than Millwall and 200 more than West Ham. I bet when you were little you went around saying, "my dad's bigger than yours"!
Police advice and not wanting more idiots running around being silly.
We got 2,500, you got 2,700.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
You're an idiot. You got 100 more than Millwall and 200 more than West Ham. I bet when you were little you went around saying, "my dad's bigger than yours"!

Except it wasn't "police advice" was it?

It was "owners tantrum"

Brimmermusic

Aug 9, 2011
Eastbourne
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328093495.906397.jpg

Empty seats everywhere.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I know Wikipedia is not always accurate, but it says that the capacity for Selhurst Park is 26,000. Surely that's wrong? I can't believe they only got 14,000 or so punters through the actual gate - that's only about 60% of the capacity.

Even if some of the younger ones don't consider us to be their main rivals that is still piss-poor, you'd think a lot of the old school would have turned up. I'm genuinely disappointed.

dave hylands

Feb 13, 2009
Eastbourne

I know Wikipedia is not always accurate, but it says that the capacity for Selhurst Park is 26,000. Surely that's wrong? I can't believe they only got 14,000 or so punters through the actual gate - that's only about 60% of the capacity.

Even if some of the younger ones don't consider us to be their main rivals that is still piss-poor, you'd think a lot of the old school would have turned up. I'm genuinely disappointed.

How many got in without tickets a group of guys around me said they got in with out tickets?

Londoner

Banned
Dec 19, 2011
London
If you were there you must have noticed the rather OTT OB response to this fixture, a metal wall at the top of Homesdale Road riot police, horses everywhere, the OB are pulling this shit all the time at Palace now, they determine how tickets are sold and what "sterile" area we must have, our crowds will get worse with shit like that going on week in week out go and read Why make home fans wait to leave the ground - CPFC BBS it's a joke

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea

Look in your own programme -you gave West Ham 4.3k.

Down near the corner flag last night there was a row of police sectioning off about 250 empty seats. Which were adjacent to nothing more than the end of the stand and Sainsburys. What was the point of that?

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Look in your own programme -you gave West Ham 4.3k.

Down near the corner flag last night there was a row of police sectioning off about 250 empty seats. Which were adjacent to nothing more than the end of the stand and Sainsburys. What was the point of that?

That's where the ghost's sit

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here