Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albions 2700 allocation lat night..

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
Look in your own programme -you gave West Ham 4.3k.

Down near the corner flag last night there was a row of police sectioning off about 250 empty seats. Which were adjacent to nothing more than the end of the stand and Sainsburys. What was the point of that?

Typo. On the advice of the Met and within ours and the Mets budget constraints we are only giving 2700 (to you guys). The astronomical costs of the Met plus stewards make it not financially worthwhile. You guys were given an extra section in the area now given to away support, regardless of whether it's Birmingham (1,200), Coventry (500) et al.

It's not about letting 6,000 come to ours and missing out on £100k+, it'll cost that at least in OB and stewards.

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
No it wasn't. This was confirmed.

Yes it was. Decided pre season and because of potential agg both games were changed to a Tuesday night.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The cost of the policing exercise for last night must have been ENORMOUS. I don't know how these things work but I could well imagine it exceeding the revenue stream from c2700 away fans.

But, also, it's hard to imagine they could throw many more police at it as everywhere I went, before and after the game, seemed to be very well covered.

Littlehampton Palace

Littlehampton Based Palac
Nov 5, 2007
LITTLEHAMPTON
Give us 5k at Amex next year and we'll give you 5k

Regarding attendances and your obsession with ours
the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, desire, etc. 2. the idea, image, desire, feeling, etc., itself. 3. the state of being obsessed.

Give it a few decades before gloating about our 15k regulars instead of one year with a shiney new stadium 20-21k full of kiddies/Mums and Dads
which will all melt away in time.

As the stats show we've been much bigger than Bha over the years the numbers dont lie :bigwave::lolol:

Both clubs average att since 1921
Palace
1889 - 1939 15.584
1947 - 1985 30.167
1986 - now 24.103

Brighton
1889 - 1939 10.667
1947 - 1985 25.265
1986 - now 9.726

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
The cost of the policing exercise for last night must have been ENORMOUS. I don't know how these things work but I could well imagine it exceeding the revenue stream from c2700 away fans.

But, also, it's hard to imagine they could throw many more police at it as everywhere I went, before and after the game, seemed to be very well covered.

Bit tongue in cheek?
A price is worked pre season with OB and stewards and unless there's a full blown riot and reinforcements called there's. O extras involved. If it wasn't worked out before they could make up figures and potentially put clubs out of business.
f*** knows how much that rediculous fence costs, probably another to charge us more.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010

the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, desire, etc. 2. the idea, image, desire, feeling, etc., itself. 3. the state of being obsessed.

Give it a few decades before gloating about our 15k regulars instead of one year with a shiney new stadium 20-21k full of kiddies/Mums and Dads

As the stats show we've been much bigger than Bha over the years the numbers dont lie :bigwave::lolol:

Palace
1889 - 1939 15.584
1947 - 1985 30.167
1986 - now 24.103

Brighton
1889 - 1939 10.667
1947 - 1985 25.265
1986 - now 9.726

You wont get 5K at the AMEX, that's not negotiable for any club - otherwise season ticket holders will be deprived of their seats, and building work to reconfigure the stadium will be required.

The most you'll get is 3000, assuming permission for AMEX+ is forthcoming from the council.

Hopefully your owners will be so disappointed with the crowd last night, that next year they'll not be so childish.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

You can't. Remember it's those pesky police that decide.

...some stats and shit...

One of the most revealing things about last night is playing "the attendance game" is not even a level playing field.

BHAFC announce the attendance as the people that have entered the ground.

CPFC announce the attendance as the people that have entered the ground (c14,500 last night) and then add on the season ticket holders who couldn't be bothered (c2,700 last night it seems).

(Check out @suspolfootball on Twitter for confirmation of this.)

So Palace's support is likely even more piss-poor than it appears.

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
You wont get 5K at the AMEX, that's not negotiable for any club - otherwise season ticket holders will be deprived of their seats, and building work to reconfigure the stadium will be required.

The most you'll get is 3000, assuming permission for AMEX+ is forthcoming from the council.

Hopefully your owners will be so disappointed with the crowd last night, that next year they'll not be so childish.

Are you incapable of getting your head around why you weren't given 6,000? Ffs. It's the OB and their costings. This is the Met, not a fat jolly south coast copper who twirles his truncheon whilst walking along the promenade on £8 an hour. These wankers up here are on £25-£30 an hour to stand about looking acting like chocolate teapots.
On a side issue about money as some on here still fail to look at links we post. Our 4 owners are worth nearly £500m between them. When we need it, new stadium, but training ground facility first, it's available.
We're not as skint as some of you would like us to be!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The south stand will hold nearly 5,000 next season if the application is successful, not sure how many of those would be allocated to teams with a big away following, such as West Ham, Forest, Leeds etc though.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London

I'm starting to wonder if I went to a different game last night. Yes, there were a few police hanging outside the turnstiles, but I saw maybe 2 on a couple of street corners en-route to the game. On the way out asked the nearest copper what the best way to go was, he told me to turn left and go to Thornton Heath, so I did. I didn't see a single copper on the route (once I got past Sainsbury's), then there were 3 or 4 at the station. That was it. And I was hardly alone, I bumped into plenty of other Albion fans at the station. I'm guessing you didn't have quite such an easy ride of it...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We can't, our tickets are sold out. Otherwise I'd agree, better giving you 5k than leaving empty seats.
Give it a few decades before gloating about our 15k regulars
If you had 14.5k there yesterday, and 2.7 were Brighton, that means you had less than 12k for a Derby. That's hardly 15k regulars. It seems that the figures your club release are never the real attendances, but the tickets sold.

Palace
1889 - 1939 15.584
1947 - 1985 30.167
1986 - now 24.103
Er, I think those are your record attendances during the period. They're certainly not averages. And they're probably tickets sold, not bums on seats.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
On a side issue about money as some on here still fail to look at links we post. Our 4 owners are worth nearly £500m between them. When we need it, new stadium, but training ground facility first, it's available.
We're not as skint as some of you would like us to be!
I don't think you're skint, and I actually thought your owners were worth more than that. None of us are yet sure how much they are willing to invest though, and on what terms.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Palace
1889 - 1939 15.584
1947 - 1985 30.167
1986 - now 24.103

Brighton
1889 - 1939 10.667
1947 - 1985 25.265
1986 - now 9.726

Yes you have been better supported than us in the last 20 years. But thats history, Palace are a club on a flat line if not decline. Seagulls are a club going places, our crowds were restricted since 1997 by limited / poor facitilies. As for some kiddies, Mums and Dads - what is wrong with that? It shows that our club appeals to a wide cross section of fans cross the community. Perhaps Palace can learn something.....

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
You're an idiot. You got 100 more than Millwall and 200 more than West Ham. I bet when you were little you went around saying, "my dad's bigger than yours"!
Police advice and not wanting more idiots running around being silly.
We got 2,500, you got 2,700.

West Ham got around 4k. And it wasnt on police advice atall, it has been confirmed that it was your owners decision.
The 'my dads bigger than yours' is amusingly ironic as your owners decided not to give us the tickets just because we didn't give you more than 2500. A bit childish isn't it? Not wanting to gain extra revenue just because we actually fill our ground and wouldn't make an exception for the mighty palace?

Littlehampton Palace

Littlehampton Based Palac
Nov 5, 2007
LITTLEHAMPTON
Yes you have been better supported than us in the last 20 years. But thats history, Palace are a club on a flat line if not decline. Seagulls are a club going places, our crowds were restricted since 1997 by limited / poor facitilies. As for some kiddies, Mums and Dads - what is wrong with that? It shows that our club appeals to a wide cross section of fans cross the community. Perhaps Palace can learn something.....

If you'd care to look again the higher averages are from when records began not just the last 20 years, yes the Amex is a shiney new stadium and clearly Bha are on the up, that can all change so quickly tho.
You've had a higher att for one season then all of a sudden your a bigger club??? Na dont think so, Come back in decades you just might be right until then Sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:guns:

Jan 12, 2012
After last nights complete over kill operation from the police, 500 police in attendance,some brought in from Manchester,10 riot vans,meat wagons on every corner, and a 10 foot metal fence erected at the top of Holmesdale road,do you still think it was CPFC's decision to limit you to 2500 ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The embarrassing Palace turnout in the home sections is actually made worse by Brighton fans who purchased tickets in the home stands.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
After last nights complete over kill operation from the police, 500 police in attendance,some brought in from Manchester,10 riot vans,meat wagons on every corner, and a 10 foot metal fence erected at the top of Holmesdale road,do you still think it was CPFC's decision to limit you to 2500 ?

Drafting in officers from other forces often happens when clubs in the same area are playing at home on the same day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here