Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion v Orient Match Thread (1/3/08)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Should have been well out of sight by half time, but given Orient's efforts in the second half, I think a draw was probably fair overall.

Forster's goal will get the talk of a goal drought off his mind for now and could just be the kickstart he needs to get scoring on a regular basis again, Murray and Thomson had off-days (as we all have in our jobs), and on that performance, Bowditch isn't good enough to be in the team.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Fraser, future albion Captain! Pure heart and soul, bleeds Blue & White!

if only it was that easy, then 99% of albion fans would be good enough to be captain

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I just don't see the need to go mental at someone for ONE bad game when he's playing with someone who's had a lot more.

It's not the first time Thomson has been poor for us,

I wasn't going mental about it at all! Don't get me wrong, I like Thomson and I think he is a real quality player. He just hasn't shown it lately.

I also think you have a tendancy to slag Fraser off after every game.

It's not the first time Thomson has been poor for us,

I wasn't going mental about it at all! Don't get me wrong, I like Thomson and I think he is a real quality player. He just hasn't shown it lately.

I also think you have a tendancy to slag Fraser off after every game.

Erm..... "lately"?? He's only played about 4 games for us!

Notice el-Abd, man of the match based on events at both ends, and one movement in the 1st half was reminiscent of Lawrenson - making sure of a ball that Michel would have been 50/50 against their forward to get.
Too bad he couldn't put something on a header at t'other end, or he would have been a scorer, as well as a saviour. :clap:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It was Thomson who let the bloke take it up the wing for the goal, he should have taken the man out.

seagullkev

May 13, 2007
peacehaven
Should have been well out of sight by half time, but given Orient's efforts in the second half, I think a draw was probably fair overall.

don't think draw was fair we should have beaten them easily. orient did improve in second half but don't think they were better than us and a overall i think we were better. haven't seen stats but would imagine we had twice as many shots as them

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Erm..... "lately"?? He's only played about 4 games for us!

Notice el-Abd, man of the match based on events at both ends, and one movement in the 1st half was reminiscent of Lawrenson - making sure of a ball that Michel would have been 50/50 against their forward to get.
Too bad he couldn't put something on a header at t'other end, or he would have been a scorer, as well as a saviour. :clap:

i have to say, after the hollocaust of a start of the season he had, el abd really is coming into his own since that leeds game

looks a far better player than lynch has this season. i just feel sorry for him that he looks like him and elphick could have a quality partnership at the back, yet whenever a midfielder/full back is out he gets shoved into those position, as opposed to letting him play his natural game at centre back

currently my third choice for player of the season - didnt think i would be saying that a year ago!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here