Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion to re-sign old talent

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
:eek: ive heard various rumors by fans at palace tuesday night that the albion may re-sign former talent darren budd who was in the albions youth squad about 6 years ago and made a few first team apperances, he now plays for worthing but has been on deadly form and hoping to move on loan or peremanet during the summer to higher league club and apparently albion are interested

If he's good enough, why not? I trust our scouting network. It worked out alright with Cook!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Eastbourne Borough released him 2 years ago ,now he's not even good enough for Ryman Prem

To be fair, the assumption that once released from a club, you're never going to be good enough at that level again is a little off. Adam El-Abd could EASILY have been released a few years ago. Look at him now.

To be fair, the assumption that once released from a club, you're never going to be good enough at that level again is a little off. Adam El-Abd could EASILY have been released a few years ago. Look at him now.

Not a chance, as those with any eye for a decent player could easily see Adam had talent.
Only the blinkered clique of whingers, looking to blame the only man back in defence, could have approved at el-Abd leaving us at any point.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
:eek: ive heard various rumors by fans at palace tuesday night that the albion may re-sign former talent darren budd who was in the albions youth squad about 6 years ago and made a few first team apperances, he now plays for worthing but has been on deadly form and hoping to move on loan or peremanet during the summer to higher league club and apparently albion are interested

Were these the same fans who you overheard talking about some other rumour earlier today about some othr fella no ones heard of? By the way, quick question: what's a Withdean Board Snacter? Actually, I know what the first two things are, tell me, what's a 'snacter'? Have you just misssssspelltt 'snatcher'? I think we should be told.

just posting this rumor as i over heard it, i remember seeing him play years ago and he was pretty decent, and also he played for eastbourne in there play off final win in the conference south, furthermore he played against in pre-season this year and the year before last, in the year before last he scored against us for whitehawk with un-real volley its on one of our DVDs the 2010-2011 part one i believe, i just over heard it at selhurst and thought id ask the Albion faithful if they knew anything about it, and yes its meant to be snatcher !! just f**cked it up lol

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
just posting this rumor as i over heard it, i remember seeing him play years ago and he was pretty decent, and also he played for eastbourne in there play off final win in the conference south, furthermore he played against in pre-season this year and the year before last, in the year before last he scored against us for whitehawk with un-real volley its on one of our DVDs the 2010-2011 part one i believe, i just over heard it at selhurst and thought id ask the Albion faithful if they knew anything about it, and yes its meant to be snatcher !! just f**cked it up lol

Darren Bud is 27 years old, not good enough for eastbourne and a failed brighton youth product. Sign him up!

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells

Part 1 of 2010-2011 season you say? Ok, got it here in front of me - the one with the Glenn Murray interview (ouch) - I'll have a quick look at that then.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Slightly OT I read that a chap we released as a youth, was his name Kane, is hoping to get a deal with Swindon.

PAUL Mooney and Kane Louis face a nervous wait to discover whether one of them will be handed a professional contract with Swindon Town, after the Samsung Win A Pro Contract finalists completed a week of training with the club yesterday.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
didnt expect my own fans to on me over a rumor

I don't recall ever saying I was a fan of yours?

Seriously though, if you're constantly overhearing rumours why not go up and actually ask the people who are talking where they heard them from - on a 1-10 of decent rumours these ones mate are pretty rubbish/and or so uninspiring I'm surprised anyone really gives a sh*t.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here