Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion to re-sign old talent

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Not a chance, as those with any eye for a decent player could easily see Adam had talent.
Only the blinkered clique of whingers, looking to blame the only man back in defence, could have approved at el-Abd leaving us at any point.

I see your point, but you see what I'm trying to say. Just because he was released from somewhere doesn't immediately mean he'll be shit until the end of time.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Anybody remember him or know anything about his time with us.

Played in a few pre-season games under Adams mk II, didnt get near squad once season started though, think he went to Eastbourne Borough after we released him but dont think he stayed there too long.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Anybody remember him or know anything about his time with us.

I remember he was a :wanker: went to my school. An absolute ****. Real attitude problems will never make it as a pro footballer

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I remember he was a :wanker: went to my school. An absolute ****. Real attitude problems will never make it as a pro footballer

Presumably you're talking about either Goldstone Juniors, or Hove Park. I went to Goldstone Juniors, I think Darren Budd was in the year above me but I remember the deputy head at the time (he's the head now I think? Or was, atleast) saying that he was the only player he'd seen who could make it as a professional. There are plenty of cases of players not making it at their first club and then maturing later on. Charlie Austin being the best and most recent that I can think of, he was playing for Poole and if their owner hadn't sold the club to take over at Swindon, and then tell Danny Wilson to sign this young chap called Austin, he wouldn't have been found. Maybe Budd will be a similar story.

Good luck to him, I see no harm in a chap who went to Goldstone Juniors being a professional footballer, having worked hard to get there.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Presumably you're talking about either Goldstone Juniors, or Hove Park. I went to Goldstone Juniors, I think Darren Budd was in the year above me but I remember the deputy head at the time (he's the head now I think? Or was, atleast) saying that he was the only player he'd seen who could make it as a professional. There are plenty of cases of players not making it at their first club and then maturing later on. Charlie Austin being the best and most recent that I can think of, he was playing for Poole and if their owner hadn't sold the club to take over at Swindon, and then tell Danny Wilson to sign this young chap called Austin, he wouldn't have been found. Maybe Budd will be a similar story.

Good luck to him, I see no harm in a chap who went to Goldstone Juniors being a professional footballer, having worked hard to get there.

Sorry I wasn't talking about Darren Budd, I was talking about Kane Louis who someone mentioned in this thread :p I am a Stringer boy not Hove Park :hilton:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Sorry I wasn't talking about Darren Budd, I was talking about Kane Louis who someone mentioned in this thread :p I am a Stringer boy not Hove Park :hilton:

Oh right, can't comment on Kane Louis, but he was pretty darn good in that Skillz video of a few years ago. Apparently, he impressed during his training week with Swindon.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Oh right, can't comment on Kane Louis, but he was pretty darn good in that Skillz video of a few years ago. Apparently, he impressed during his training week with Swindon.

He is very talented without a doubt! However, he was close friends with Joel Lynch and really does have a big attitude problem and I can't see that standing up well with someone like Di Canio who seems to take no sh*t from anyone like with Leon Clarke earlier in the season. Lynch even managed to get Kane a trial at Forest but they swiftly turned him down. Such a shame as he could potentially have a lot to offer

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Well, Me and various other NSC members (none of whom were over the age of 19 at the time or had/have played at a level better than county league) played against a team which included Budd and Andy Pearson in a pitch invasion game last year and drew 1-1. On that basis, I'm going to stick my neck out and say he might, just might, not be quite of the standard we now require.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He is very talented without a doubt! However, he was close friends with Joel Lynch and really does have a big attitude problem and I can't see that standing up well with someone like Di Canio who seems to take no sh*t from anyone like with Leon Clarke earlier in the season. Lynch even managed to get Kane a trial at Forest but they swiftly turned him down. Such a shame as he could potentially have a lot to offer

Forest turned him down :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here