Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

albion things that should not make you laugh but did!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
When we beat Man City, the bloke in the electric wheel chair invading the pitch, only for the stewards to wheel him back off, with him still waving.

In the next round we played Derby, I think. A bloke got chucked out the South Stand by the stewards, only for his prosthetic leg to fall off

What Mendoza said. Dismemberment of bloke's leg happened right in front of me :clap2:

PLUS

- Gully joining in an otherwise respectful minute's silence in the centre circle and attempting to look as solemn as a bloke in a seven foot seagull suit can hope to look

- Another minute's silence, immaculately observed, apart from South Stand programme selling bloke bellowing 'PROGRAMMES!!' for the full sixty seconds

Damn shoulders near shook off both times :lolol:

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
In the next round we played Derby, I think. A bloke got chucked out the South Stand by the stewards, only for his prosthetic leg to fall off

I remember this, it was so funny and i heard someone sing
"one leg and he got kicked out"

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
I vaguely remember a pitch side rozzer catching a 30 yarder right in the face in the early 80s. Hit the deck and knocked his helmet off. Got almost a big a cheer as if a goal went in.

I think I remember that. Behind the North Goal??

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
A certain match announcer at The Goldstone who came out (theres a clue there) with 'A big round of applause for the players, presenting balls to the cripples in the corner'
'tis true!!!!

Quite as few of the crowd looked, open mouthed, at each other. 'What did he say!!!!'

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
last match at Goldstone - a steward determined to stop a particular fan from running on the pitch not realising thousands were already on the pitch behind him.

although it was wrong, I look back on the Butcher of Coldean (Orient, Wilkins, etc) incident and smile.

the mis spellings on the Steve Gritt graffiti outside the West Stand

the "Nobby Horton's Blue and White army" chant continuing when the 3rd and 4th goals went in at Gillingham when losing 4 - 0 (?) to Barnet in front of our lowest ever crowd (just over 1000)

The George Cohen speech at the Centenary Dinner at the Brighton Centre

A certain match announcer at The Goldstone who came out (theres a clue there) with 'A big round of applause for the players, presenting balls to the cripples in the corner'
'tis true!!!!

Quite as few of the crowd looked, open mouthed, at each other. 'What did he say!!!!'

I recall walking over his desk to get on the pitch from the west stand while he was trying to do a commentry:laugh: lincoln night game:ohmy:

Oct 2, 2008
Rodney Marsh playing in a testimonial at the Goldstone (I think it may have been Joe Kinnears). Took loads of stick from the North Stand all game and then missed a sitter. Turned round and made the :wanker: sign to the North Stand who duly obliged with something appropriate.

Recall some of the b'ham zulus getting chased out of the west terrace 85 as the last one came flying out the gate he was getting chased by an albion who was hitting him on the head with a broom:laugh: a line of police outside just looked on in amazment as the albion fan dropped the broom smiled and dived back into the west:lolol: should not have laughed but did:lolol:

Jan 30, 2008
Recall some of the b'ham zulus getting chased out of the west terrace 85 as the last one came flying out the gate he was getting chased by an albion who was hitting him on the head with a broom:laugh: a line of police outside just looked on in amazment as the albion fan dropped the broom smiled and dived back into the west:lolol: should not have laughed but did:lolol:
it wasn't a laughing matter back at Hove station :wink:

The ball boy falling over right in front of the Palace fans in the *-2 reverse at Withdean and their reaction.

I think Turienzo was £150k to his agent. Quite a famous fellow (so famous, I have forgotten his name).

and who could possibly forget the hilarity at Scumhurst (during the *-0 humiliation) as they celebrated a goal wildy and joining in the accompanying musical goal announcement of Glad all Over ............

only for ALL OF US to be very kind and point out to them the sight of a linesman holding his flag aloft!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
A police horse eating a palace supporters hair at Hove Station.He screamed like a girl.LOL.

Jan 30, 2008
remember a zulu trying to undo his amonia bottle all fingers and thumbs! he got planted before he could open it:laugh:
one of them also pulled a blade as well , remember the OB on horse back trying to break it all up, because of engineering works they all came down via Lewes that day , remember sitting on the train afterwards and a load came through the carrige, on my tod and must admitt i was hoping i wasn't going to get recognised

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Anyway we got a free kick attacking the south stand about 25-30 yards out and a bloke called Jimmy Case puts the ball down. The others lined up a wall of about 4 or 5 blokes. I guess the foreign opponents had no idea about Jimmy's right peg.

Case unleased an absolute thunderbolt, that caught one of the geezers square in the face, and he went down like a domino, no knee bend, just like a felled tree.

We were standing side onto the opponents wall in the south-west stand and you suddenly saw one geezer fall vertically backwards.

Shouldn't laugh really, He was stretchered off by the St Johns, i guess he didn't remember much more about that evening.

I remember that happening in a game against Orient at the Goldstone... I swear Case used to blast them at the wall on purpose sometimes...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here