Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

albion things that should not make you laugh but did!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The older than is right ball boy who backheaded the ball into the crowd in a game against Man City at the Goldstone and promptly got sacked.

Bellotti being chased from the Director's box, although that was funny and if I hadn't been so angry and depressed I may have laughed.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Turienzo was a f***ing joke. If we were going to spend around £100k mark we could have got someone fairly useful in!!

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
'Dad's got chips' a largish 30 to 40 something bloke with thick glasses who follows the Albion home and away with his elderly parents. Nickname comes from either Kingstonian or Birmingham away thirteen odd years ago when he excitedly called out "Dad's got chips" as his dad walked back from the burger stand holding a polystyrene plate of chips.

:thumbsup:

:clap2:

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
I vaguely remember a pitch side rozzer catching a 30 yarder right in the face in the early 80s. Hit the deck and knocked his helmet off. Got almost a big a cheer as if a goal went in.

I vividly remember that happening at the Fans United 5-0 win in '97, when a fat bearded policeman, completely oblivious to the action, had his helmet knocked clean off by a predictable stray Peter Smith pass.

Lookalike comedian Willie Rushton had died pretty recently to that, and the sulky copper received a rapturous chant of "Two Willie Rushtons" to add insult to injury!

Adam Hinshelwood just passing back without looking............ always made me larf

Eric Steele staying resolutely stuck to his goal line.

Sergei Gostmanov just showing everyone just HOW much better he was than Kevin Bremner

Watching as two very tubby St Johns Ambulance men at Pissfield waddled from one end of the pitch to the other to treat an injured player in the goalmouth in front of us , only to seee him jump to his feet and hobble off to take up his position for a corner just as they arrived. The St JA man was SO out of breath...........:laugh:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Some bloke kicking in a turnstile door against Darlington in the last season at the Goldstone after a 3-2 defeat on a cold Tuesday night. He went flying with the force used - that must have hurt. Respect though. :bowdown:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The north stand chanting 'you bald bastard' at Steve Agnew when we were taking a corner, Johnny Byrne taking a look at it then nodding agreement.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The ball boy falling over right in front of the Palace fans in the *-2 reverse at Withdean and their reaction.

I think Turienzo was £150k to his agent. Quite a famous fellow (so famous, I have forgotten his name).

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Boxing day at the Withdean, against Southend and it has been raining heavy all day, Nathan Jones takes of with the ball down the wing in front of the North stand.
At the halfway line his right leg drops through a whole in the pitch right up to his knee. He was so lucky he did not break his leg, but it was so funny to see.

Last edited:

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
i was in the south stand years ago before kick off . kevin bremner was taking shots and blasted one. i was standing in an isle at the time and looked up to see the ball literally 3 feet away . it was hit very hard so at the last minute i ducked . this didnt help the old dear who was standing behind me with a cup of tea held to her mouth who took it full on in the mush

That brought back memories from the Goldstone when our keepers used to twat all the footballs towards the dugouts at the end of warm-ups before the start of games. I watched a couple of games in the south west section right next to the dugout and these balls used to fly into the stands. Your little story made me chuckle although it shouldn't have done.
One old boy near me once had to be helped out of the stand probably off to hospital after being hit plum in the face, I remember he was pouring himself some bovril at the time and his spectacles got wedged into his eyes after the ball smashed into his boat. It wasn't a pretty sight as his face was a mess, & everyone around got covered in his sticky bovril. That was the only bit that made me laugh (people wiping this goo of themselves with little bits of tissue afterwards)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here