Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

albion things that should not make you laugh but did!

1)The guy sitting behind the goal up at mansfield in a wheelchair when nobby horton hit a ball so hard and knocked him out his chair:facepalm: nobby came over and was pretty helpful afterwards.
2}Then there was the bloke wearing head phones at the back of the north stand when spurs came steaming in,i think he could have been chilling out with his eyes closed,a big gap opened up except for him and he took the full force of our london friends:wozza:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I vaguely remember a pitch side rozzer catching a 30 yarder right in the face in the early 80s. Hit the deck and knocked his helmet off. Got almost a big a cheer as if a goal went in.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
When we beat Man City, the bloke in the electric wheel chair invading the pitch, only for the stewards to wheel him back off, with him still waving.

In the next round we played Derby, I think. A bloke got chucked out the South Stand by the stewards, only for his prosthetic leg to fall off

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
When we beat Man City, the bloke in the electric wheel chair invading the pitch, only for the stewards to wheel him back off, with him still waving.

In the next round we played Derby, I think. A bloke got chucked out the South Stand by the stewards, only for his prosthetic leg to fall off

I thought that was Colin Hawkins

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The squirrel that overtook Nathan Jones running down the wing at Withdean.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
When Batipiedi hit the bar on Tuesday night. I know it is not right to laugh at your own players, but for me, it just about summed up his evening.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
On Tuesday against Working. I think it was Battipiedi who did an air s
HTML:
hot. Swiped and completely missed. both me and the Mrs cracked up laughing

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
The hapless Hawk - & that header. :lolol:

ps And the 'Straight-Line Red Card' was a quality chuckle too!

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Didn't see this one but a certain w/d from worthing stopping off in london coming home from an albion away game,walked into a busy pub took the dart board off the wall placed it on the floor pulled down his trouser and dumped on the said dart board:facepalm: not sure if i should laugh even now:p

This would be the same w/d that pretended to be an invalid at Wrexham (I think), and was put in a wheelchair by the side of the pitch only to have a Little Britain style recovery when we scored.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
i was in the south stand years ago before kick off . kevin bremner was taking shots and blasted one. i was standing in an isle at the time and looked up to see the ball literally 3 feet away . it was hit very hard so at the last minute i ducked . this didnt help the old dear who was standing behind me with a cup of tea held to her mouth who took it full on in the mush

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
'Dad's got chips' a largish 30 to 40 something bloke with thick glasses who follows the Albion home and away with his elderly parents. Nickname comes from either Kingstonian or Birmingham away thirteen odd years ago when he excitedly called out "Dad's got chips" as his dad walked back from the burger stand holding a polystyrene plate of chips.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
You young ones won't remember this, I barely do myself and I can find no refererence to it anywhere on internet.

(Does anyone remember?)

It was back in around 1981/82 Albion played a friendly match ( i think it was against Nigeria or Algeria before World Cup 82) at the Goldstone and we won, but again from memory (was it 5-0?).

Anyway we got a free kick attacking the south stand about 25-30 yards out and a bloke called Jimmy Case puts the ball down. The others lined up a wall of about 4 or 5 blokes. I guess the foreign opponents had no idea about Jimmy's right peg.

Case unleased an absolute thunderbolt, that caught one of the geezers square in the face, and he went down like a domino, no knee bend, just like a felled tree.

We were standing side onto the opponents wall in the south-west stand and you suddenly saw one geezer fall vertically backwards.

Shouldn't laugh really, He was stretchered off by the St Johns, i guess he didn't remember much more about that evening.

I also saw a copper once get hit full on by the ball as he was walking around the edge. Now that was definately funny

matt

Mar 19, 2007
The lady lino who slipped over at Withdean. Broke both wrists I think.
Hilario.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here