Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

albion still flying high at the Racecourse

redstarwxm

Feb 21, 2011
wrexham
despite our owners attempts to ban banners at the ground, the "fans utd" banner featuring the famous seagull badge from all those years ago has resurfaced and despite the attempts of our stewards (under orders i may add) the fans defied the heiarchy and on saturday protested like we know how. saturday was just the start as our club lurch from one crisis to another. the current owners have basically asset stripped the club from top to bottom. separating the ground (home for 130+ years) from the club is their next step. another day another fight. a fight we will win.

the banner on show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1Eb3XVwOQ0

anyway good luck for the rest of the season and moving into your new stadium. hopefully Wrexham FC will be celebrating promotion themselves come May.

Feb 14, 2010
I always look out for Wrexham - you are not forgotten. after the events of yesteryear I see you as our Welsh allies. I look out for Donny as well. Wrexham are a quality proper club with quality fans.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I am sure i read recently Stephen Vaughan (?) could be linked with Wrexham. However i thought he was in court on assault/gbh (?) charges.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Superb, some of our fans dont remember or conviniently forget the troubles we had but we could not have done it without the support of other FL clubs. Fans United will never be defeated!

redstarwxm

Feb 21, 2011
wrexham
I am sure i read recently Stephen Vaughan (?) could be linked with Wrexham. However i thought he was in court on assault/gbh (?) charges.

he has been linked and recently had the gall to do an interview in the local rag. however saturdays protest left everyone in no doubt the twat isnt welcome in Wrexham. more so our owner Geoff Mo$$ who only live a few miles outside wrexham would have to move a long long way away.
SV is up in court very soon on gbh charges. he broke a coppers jaw in an altercation outside a chester nightclub.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My daughter was competing at Queensferry on Sunday, so we drove home via Wrexham. I took a little detour to show my son your grand old stadium. Keep fighting lads, we're all behind you at Brighton (so don't bend over!).

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Fans United will never be Defeated :thumbsup:

Cuffs

Jan 29, 2010
I just watched your protest video which took me back to our darks days, are there any plans for a fans day or any other action we could assist with?

redstarwxm

Feb 21, 2011
wrexham
I just watched your protest video which took me back to our darks days, are there any plans for a fans day or any other action we could assist with?

things are moving quite fast tonight. the council and supporters trust are apparently in talks with the owners over a takeover bid.
as yet a fans day has not been arranged but could well be in the future. as for any other action, well a banner in support at your games would increase and raise awareness, even more so if the game is televised. it would certainly be well recieved up here.
thanks.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
things are moving quite fast tonight. the council and supporters trust are apparently in talks with the owners over a takeover bid.
as yet a fans day has not been arranged but could well be in the future. as for any other action, well a banner in support at your games would increase and raise awareness, even more so if the game is televised. it would certainly be well recieved up here.
thanks.

You organise yourselves a Fans' Day and I guarantee there'll be Albion fans there. Make it so, matey and best of luck.

redstarwxm

Feb 21, 2011
wrexham

another chancer who couldnt stand the heat. weak as piss that one, we hadnt even started on him.

The club now blames "Saturday's display of passion and emotion by the club's fans" for Bickerton, Harris and Allan withdrawing their purchase offer.

There was a tense atmosphere at Saturday's game as fans displayed critical banners in defiance of a ban by the club. Their anger has also been directed at the suggestion that former Chester City owner Stephen Vaughan might be among potential Wrexham investors

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
he has been linked and recently had the gall to do an interview in the local rag. however saturdays protest left everyone in no doubt the twat isnt welcome in Wrexham. more so our owner Geoff Mo$$ who only live a few miles outside wrexham would have to move a long long way away.
SV is up in court very soon on gbh charges. he broke a coppers jaw in an altercation outside a chester nightclub.

Any idea when he is up ? Speaking to some Chester City fans at Leek before Christmas they were hoping for 'sewing mailbags' !

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Best of luck -- I first encountered Wrexham as one of the two threads in "22 Foreigners in Funny Shorts", an intertwined history of the World Cup and a year in the life of then Division Three Wrexham written for the '94 Cup -- my favorite football book. Soft spot for you lot ever since

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
I remember going to Wrexham to watch the ALB many seasons ago now, and we were handed flyers to sing "He's Fat He's Round He only wants to sell the ground Gutterman Gutterman" repeat many times. I well remember the ALB fans present sang it continously throughout the match, to the amazement of the Wrexham fans who applauded us big time. Is gutterman still there redstar ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here