Votes: 72 48.3%
  • Going down

Votes: 51 34.2%
  • Can't decide

Votes: 26 17.4%

• Total voters

larus

BensGrandad said:
The biggest aspect of this season is that a couple of unexpected results could change the situation drastically by dragging other clubs into the mix or us out of it.

Very true. I didn't expect anything at home to Leeds.

Who thought that Cardiff would do so well.

I think we will be in the mix at the end, unless we have a real run of form for about 10 games and pick up a load of points. I do think we'll survive though.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Staying up... only IF sign new striker

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It will help our cause if Sheff Utd buy Akinbiyi this week two fold.

He wont be able to score for Burnley against us and would probably replace Neil Shipperley.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
At this moment in time i'd say it will be Crewe, Leicester and us going down. But obviously that can change with wins over Leicester and Crewe next month.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Trigger said:
Down unless we can replace Magoo. :)

That will solve the problem will it? how fecking simple is that, why hasn't DK thought of it :lol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Icy Gull said:
That will solve the problem will it? how fecking simple is that, why hasn't DK thought of it :lol:

Didnt hurt Watford last season did it.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Icy Gull said:
What do reckon with 1/3 of the season left?

Can't say I'm optimistic about getting anyone of consequence in, and without a large slice of luck I'm not convinced we've got enough to stay above anyone but Millwall and Crewe (maybe)

My heart says we can do it but my head says we are going down.

Cue MM signing a quality striker, midfielder and lb .

A good summation of the situation. We are a poor quality team, who can occassionally raise it eg Leeds home and away, Palace away. We're seldom totally outclassed (I know Reading away - but 10 men etc) so often end up narrowly losing (or missing out on all 3 points) to good sides and unfortunately to the poor ones as well eg Millwall and Sheff Utd at home.

Not only do we not create enough, but the defence is constantly under pressure due to not even being able to play in the opposing team's half for long enough periods of the game.

Unless this changes I'm afraid we're down. The chioice of forwards is now effectively between Robinson, CKR, Hart & Carole.
The rest are 3rd Division standard at best, so injuries and suspensions could compound the problem now we don't even have Knight to call on for the 2nd half of the season.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
Staying up, Even if we dont sign anymore players. I think OGH and CKR will get a run in the team and form a formidable partnership.

Staying up by the skin of our teeth. OGH and CKR partnership is not 'formidable' in any shape or form, tho admittedly it's the best we can cobble together. It's also a partnership that will self-destruct under the weight of future yellow cards. F*CT.

Last edited:

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Tom Hark said:
Staying up by the skin of our teeth. OGH and CKR partnership is not 'formidable' in any shape or form, tho admittedly it's the best we can cobble together. It's also a partnership that will self-destruct under the weight of future yellow cards. F*CT.
Serves to amplify the point re suspensions. CKR's cards are silly ones often - kicking ball away, but it's part of Hart's game (as it is Hammond's) to accumulate yelows on a regular basis.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Who knows?
I will keep hoping to the end though.

Leicester are 0-0 at HT. I would prefer Plymouth to win to keep Leics below us.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Problem is a draw keeps Leicester 1 pt below us on the same games but puts Plymouth 5 above us with a game in hand opening up a gap from the bottom 5 or 6. Difficult one this. In some ways a Leicester win will take them a point above us which we can catch by beating them but keeps Plymouth down near us and we still have them to play as well.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Plymouth are winning 1-0 now with 30 mins to go.

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
Forever the optimist and I think we'll start up again, but only after a nervy final game of the season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here