Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion staff and the hygienic approach to the crowd this Saturday - two points

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Hot water in the toilet taps to be able to wash your hands properly, would be a good start.
I don’t think I’ve ever been able to wash my hands with hot water at the Amex since we moved there.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Hot water in the toilet taps to be able to wash your hands properly, would be a good start.
I don’t think I’ve ever been able to wash my hands with hot water at the Amex since we moved there.

Hot water? Hot water?

the-monty-python-team-try-001.jpg

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I have two major points relating to hygiene and not spreading viruses this Saturday .

(i) This relates to every game - when drinks / pints especially are served the staff usually hold the glass with 5 fingers around the top of the glass . So their fingers ( which contain bacteria , faecal matter and potentially viruses ) are touching the parts of the plastic glass that then goes into your mouth.

This is unhygienic and they should be trained to serve the glass holding it properly and they should also wear plastic gloves . Pretty simple really .

(ii) Security pat downs / checks outside . They have to stop this weekend .

If you have Covid 19 it is likely to be on your gloves , in your hat , on your shirt collar etc etc . So if you get searched or patted down outside it will then present itself on the gloves of the security person . That security person will then pat down several hundred people more and potentially infect a number of them . It does n't matter if they wear gloves they will still transfer the virus . It's a sure fire way of making sure the virus is transmitted to lots more people - assuming one person has it of course ( and that is probable ) .

I would suggest if you are that concerned maybe you shouldn't go Saturday. I wouldnt leave the house if I thought like this.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I have two major points relating to hygiene and not spreading viruses this Saturday .

(i) This relates to every game - when drinks / pints especially are served the staff usually hold the glass with 5 fingers around the top of the glass . So their fingers ( which contain bacteria , faecal matter and potentially viruses ) are touching the parts of the plastic glass that then goes into your mouth.

This is unhygienic and they should be trained to serve the glass holding it properly and they should also wear plastic gloves . Pretty simple really .

(ii) Security pat downs / checks outside . They have to stop this weekend .

If you have Covid 19 it is likely to be on your gloves , in your hat , on your shirt collar etc etc . So if you get searched or patted down outside it will then present itself on the gloves of the security person . That security person will then pat down several hundred people more and potentially infect a number of them . It does n't matter if they wear gloves they will still transfer the virus . It's a sure fire way of making sure the virus is transmitted to lots more people - assuming one person has it of course ( and that is probable ) .

(i) take a straw with you
(ii) don't get caught trying to enter the ground with a straw. Probably banned.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
(i) take a straw with you
(ii) don't get caught trying to enter the ground with a straw. Probably banned.

This might result in panic buying from supporters leaving only one left.

That would certainly be the last straw.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, and you'll find out who bought it all on Saturday afternoon. All fans will be required to by a small bottle (without tops) of Brighton and Hove Albion Souvenir Hand Sanitiser before being permitted to enter the ground.

......at the special matchday price of £5.00 (inly one per person, sorry)!

A pandemic special of Albion paracetamol at £19.99 a box or on finance at £3.99 a month, APR 125%.

Loo rolls signed by a first team player, at £75m for a box of 4, with a certificate of authenticity.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So the drinks server wearing gloves stops viruses being transferred to the glass, but the security staff wearing gloves helps pass it on. :ffsparr:

Seriously flawed logic there.

Are the drink servers going to pat down people before they give them a drink then ???

The servers will only get the virus on their gloves if they touch something that has the virus already, security staff will touch about 2-3000 people each with their gloves - see the logic now

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If you go to the match - You ''assume the risk'' nothing is full proof with regard to containing the spread of viruses

If you want to avoid the risk then self isolate. That's the hard fact of the matter - If you have family members you think will be in danger if you were infected and passed on to them then just don't take the risk.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Fair point about the pat downs. Do they wear gloves, I've never noticed if his hands are warm or cold! I'm guessing the reply from the club would be that no human contact is made but if the bloke in front coughs (in his sleeve) and is patted down that is then transferred to me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm looking forward to the Piglets Pantry 'Pandemic Pie' on Saturday. Lukewarm Wuhan bats wings in a classic Roman Carbonara sauce, served on a used serviette.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here