Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Signings - The biggest let downs.

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
Paul Kitson and Jason Dodd...although I wasn't ovely excited by them signing, they did a lot less than I expected....

Turienzo....as mentioned above...unearthed a potential FLAIR gem....hatricks in the Argie top league. And was utter shit...

and then there was Maheta Molango....

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
What an absurd suggestion you are obviously very young and havent seen many players playing for us. Wood doesnt come any where hear the bottom 20 possibly 50 of all time failures

Ive seen plenty thanks, Wood was rubbish. Im sure most would agree. Not saying he is the worst ever. But i certainly would'nt want him back

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Frank Stapleton
Turienzo

and more recently David Livermore - really thought he was going to make the whole side tick, and completely run the game, at our level. He didn't.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Colin Kazim-Richards, and Craig Davies. Both came with a reputation as an unpolished gem that would be the next Zamora, and, well..

But particularly CKR, because of the whole coca-cola kid thing, and that goal he scored at Reading, and so on

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
It's early doors, let's see first if these amusement arcade forwards have tricks in the locker, little lollipops and if they're going to go down faster than Buddy Holly when it matters. Maybe it's just that so far defenders have been winning spotter's badges in the wide awake club.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
also add Mark Macammon, i remember alot of ppl on here getting excited by his signing, and he couldnt hit a barn door at 2 paces, pure and utter tripe

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Livermore's not a bad shout, another Adams let down signing (although you could say nearly all of them were) was Kevin McLeod, came with a reputation as a bit of a waster but talented, looked amazing in the first friendly but that turned out to be because that was the only pace he could play at. :facepalm:
Although he did score one nice goal I can remember and get bombed out of the team relatively quickly, so maybe he wasn't the worst of that era, even though he was a fat lazy tosser.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
But how much were you expecting us to get from Lilly? Seriously?

I expected very little and we got very little, he wasn't a let down for me. He was about what I expected.

big head lines at the time and had some thing to prove, not that it happened lol

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
big head lines at the time and had some thing to prove, not that it happened lol
He was injured and wanted to get fit. He came here, he got slightly fitter, he laughed in nightclubs at our shithouse midfield, he f***ed off back to Derby after one or maybe two good games.

Total waste of time and money. Classic post-2002 THICKY.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here