Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion sign Inigo Calderon

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Why are we signing some bloke from Spain who hasn't played since last summer, and has never played in the English league. Is poyet signing him on the merit that he knows him? Dissapointing. Oh well, guess we have to have some faith and at least that should be Hoyte gone.

Presumably because Poyet thinks he is better than the options we have available. Signing unknown players from Spain has done Swansea pretty well over recent years. This guy could be our Angel Rangel!

Oct 25, 2003
i doubt league one sides are even gonna BOTHER playing with wingers against us with jimmy mac and the MATADOR to contend with

ashley young better watch the FUNK out

VeronaSeagull

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Pity the game on Saturday is off otherwise we could have thrown him straight into the Calderon that is Withdean.....

Or maybe Poyet bought him in to make some potions for the Villa game

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I have a feeling Deportivo (La Coruna) Seagull is a North-Western man, whereas Deportivo Alaves is miles and miles away. I await to be corrected though!

I think Deportivo is another word for sport.

Is the right answer.

As TLO points out Alaves is in the Basque country whereas 'A Coruna is in Galicia.

I think half a dozen clubs in la Liga have Deportivo in there full name, however 'A Coruna is always known as Deportivo.

Depor's full name is Real Club Deportivo 'A Coruna.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Inigo?? Maybe after training he could landscape the Falmer site?

He sounds like a drug dealer with an immaculate plantation.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
desperation sets in dont tou think:rant:

Calm down fella, you've only been here 5 minutes. Just to fill you in, the Albion have been desperate now for about 3, maybe 3 and a half seasons. We aren't exactly the greatest catch in European football, so we do tend to settle for what we can get, normally we have to wait till the last day of the transfer window before we sign anyone. So you see, we have in fact moved forward with this signing, and who knows, we might even sign another player or two before the end of the window. Please be assured, this is as good as it gets here at the Albion, we don't actually expect much more, I'm sure you'll get used to it soon. All the best. :wave:

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Can't wait til Dickinson passes to him :clap:

Dick in son? In i go :lolol:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
I love the amount of posts saying he sounds 'flair' simply because his name sounds a bit foreign.

If he was free agent Ian Calderwood rather than Inigo Calderon everyone would be moaning about how we intend to get to the Championship by Falmer

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
solar_flare.jpg

wp1301-chai-CloseUp2.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here