Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion sign Bas Savage

Rigoglioso

Nov 7, 2006
Donny
I've seen Bas Savage a few times before, and he's just a big lump of a striker. He's one of those players like a wheely bin, where you just kick the ball at it, and hope it gets a good deflection. His co-ordination is awful as well, you'll see over time.

To compare him to someone, then he's like Mark McCammon but not as good.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
This bloke is utter shi-te,but im not goner totally disregard the poor bloke as he might actually do something.I have seen him a few times and he was crap:drink:

Thats why reading and every other club released him,bar the gills of course:ohmy:

johnny jigsaw

"My life's in pieces"
Unconvinced that a man widely described as "like Mark McCammon, only not as good" and with a goalscoring ration of 0.030 goals per game (Peter Schmeichel's was 0.015 incidentally) should be the answer to "can you think of an experienced front man who knows where the goal is & can bring our young players on?"

However, what do I know? I hope he does really well & I'll be cheering him on as long as he wears the stripes.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
When I heard this, I thought is was some sort of joke. Incredible, talk about signing somebody for the sake of it. League starts, goal ratios and just about everything else speaks for itself. I saw him play for Reading once (when they were crap) and he was useless.

Would rather have McCammon or Molango - and i'm being SERIOUS !!

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
BUTTERBALL said:
When I heard this, I thought is was some sort of joke. Incredible, talk about signing somebody for the sake of it. League starts, goal ratios and just about everything else speaks for itself. I saw him play for Reading once (when they were crap) and he was useless.

Would rather have McCammon or Molango - and i'm being SERIOUS !!

I think you are missing the point- this isn't the 'experienced goal scorer' we've been offering hundreds of thousands for- its just a different option for us. He is probably on pittance a week and i'm sure he won't throw his toys out of his pram if he doesn't start every game. If it turns out he is crap then so what. It's hardly gonna bankrupt us.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Bas Savage is giving me hours of endless speculative fun!!!!:lolol: :lolol:

For example....

If Bas is as bad as everyopne seems to think does that mean that Wendy has contracted Shit Transfer McGhee disease? If so how long will it be before we get 'Wilkins Out!' chants?

And if Bas is really worse than Trolley what are we going to call him...... 'Three-Wheeled Trolley'? :lolol: :lolol:

Bas mate you have the X factor! You are already a legend and an icon in my eyes! :bowdown: :bowdown:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Let's see if the moaners are still there after he hits a hat-trick today.

:ridiculousoptimism:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
oh my god how much abuse can a player get before he has even kicked a ball for the club.

Welcome to the club Bas!

Can the boo boys at least give him a couple of games before you start I know you need someone to have a go at but try giving it a rest for a couple of games

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here