Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion players are revoulting against McGhee.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
CrabtreeBHA said:
since when exactly? I've never said McGhee out have I? ya donut :)

You called me just now and said
"Biscuit, totally agree with you...yes...yes..quite right...yes...mcghee out..of course...bye"

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Biscuit said:
You called me just now and said
"Biscuit, totally agree with you...yes...yes..quite right...yes...mcghee out..of course...bye"

:lolol: oh biscuit biscuit biscuit how young and stupid you are ;)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't believe people are getting on McGhee's back already! Ridiculous. Not sure if I believe this story anyway, but I've felt for some time that it's been obvious certain players have far too much influence.

Mr Oatway seems to be the self appointed spokesman and organiser of everything the players ever do or say. I wouldn't mind him being the leader if he was a superstar with the ball at his feet, but the fact is he's not. Why should McGhee put up with some cocky Paul Ince Guv'nor type disrupting things, particularly when his value on the pitch isn't much?

If Oatway (or any other player) isn't happy, he should get out, rather than spreading discontent through the camp and continuing to pump out the same old "great team spirit" bullshit. At the end of the day, if they want to be in charge, let them find themselves a manager's job, not sit here whining and creatin problems for the guy who is paid to manage them. Time for some players to grow up if this story is true.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I can assure you this is true. Im sure Naylor will print something soon. Im only getting on MM back coz Im so pissed of at the way our players are playing. I dont care who said what first, the fact is things need to be changed. Its far more likly to replace manager than to replace 22 players...if we have that many.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
the change we need biscuit is players not a manager (again), they need to tighten up or get out, we've been lucky to have a relatively same side for 3 years and they've got a cushty feeling about the place....its time for them to loose that and concentrate on the playing not their ego's.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Hmmm -- Methinks something malicious is going on here.

Biscuit is reporting second-hand what has been told to him - Can't say that he's bullshitting because he's not saying it himself.

However, this "friend of Andy Naylor" certainly is.

Whether McGhee is or is not a disciplinarian is irrelevant (and I hope he is incidentally)

What I can tell you categorically is that there is no players revolt led by Charlie Oatway

In fact I can find no player seriously complaining about McGhee at all at present.

Yes of course he's given them a rollocking over Saturday. Yes he cancelled their day off this week, which of course they ain't going to like, but they all know and understand (and respect) why he has done that.

They may not be Performing, but they are not revolting.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
CrabtreeBHA said:
the change we need biscuit is players not a manager (again), they need to tighten up or get out, we've been lucky to have a relatively same side for 3 years and they've got a cushty feeling about the place....its time for them to loose that and concentrate on the playing not their ego's.

I see your point, but we dont have the money for a new squad. Besides who wants to buy Oatway! Cheaper for a change at the top...

no FG, im not against DK.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Robert Lester Zamora said:
Hmmm -- Methinks something malicious is going on here.

Biscuit is reporting second-hand what has been told to him - Can't say that he's bullshitting because he's not saying it himself.

However, this "friend of Andy Naylor" certainly is.

Whether McGhee is or is not a disciplinarian is irrelevant (and I hope he is incidentally)

What I can tell you categorically is that there is no players revolt led by Charlie Oatway

In fact I can find no player seriously complaining about McGhee at all at present.

Yes of course he's given them a rollocking over Saturday. Yes he cancelled their day off this week, which of course they ain't going to like, but they all know and understand (and respect) why he has done that.

They may not be Performing, but they are not revolting.

This friend, is totally legit. I can assure you that he speaks the truth. he has no reason not to. Im reporting what i have been told, but im happy to say I believe it 100%..make out of that what you want.

What I can tell you categorically is that there is a player revolt led by Charlie Oatway.

Wether CO will be named in the paper or not I dotn know. But Id guess that within the next few days this will be reported by naylor.

Im not spreading shit. Nor is this insider. its true. i cant tell you what to believe, i can ask you to look at my track record and see if I have ever reported shit. (unless its about crabtree, thats aloud)

THERE IS A REVOLT. IT IS BEING LEAD BY CHARLIE. IT IS HAPPENING, AND IT IS CAUSING MCGHEE ALOT OF GRIEF.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
I know I don't post to often on here but I am simply can't believe that people on here are saying MM should be kicked out! He is our manager and we should give him our backing. DK's record of choosing managers (MH & Jeff wood excluded) is nothing short of incredible for a club of our size in our position! Give the guy time and if it doesn't work out in a few months then reconsider......

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Rusthall Seagull said:
I know I don't post to often on here but I am simply can't believe that people on here are saying MM should be kicked out! He is our manager and we should give him our backing. DK's record of choosing managers (MH & Jeff wood excluded) is nothing short of incredible for a club of our size in our position! Give the guy time and if it doesn't work out in a few months then reconsider......

Sorry, my Grammar is rubbish!:D

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Rusthall Seagull said:
Sorry, my Grammar is rubbish!:D

You ovbiously havnt seen my spelling!

After hearing the points for and against, Im begining to back track and take back my anti mcghee stance. However, Im 100% not lying about what ive been told. There is a revolt happening.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If they really have got the arse with MM they should grow up and remember just why they were getting a bollocking (because you were shit at the weekend lads).

Players can't stand there and sulk because they don't like McGhee as much as Micky Adams or Runalong Coppell. It's not as though Adams was always nice to them, he famously made them run around Falmer pond at 3am after one shambolic performance. Plenty of people aren't that keen on their bosses but it doesn't mean they can cry, slack off and refuse to do any work. To drop your performance because you don't like the idea of a new boss is TOTALLY unprofessional.

Some of them need to get their priorities straight and consider what's important here. Particularly in light of what's happened to Michel Kuipers today.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Fair enough Biscuit.

But I'm very curious about this...

==> How are they manifesting this revolt?

==> How does McGhee know that they are revolting?

==> Have they bothered to tell him?

==> Has anybody told Charlie that he's supposed to be the ringleader?

Charlie seemed perfectly happy with McGhee and his methods, as did the rest of the players, for the two or so hours that they were watched by 'a friend' during training this morning/lunchtime.

Admittedly Charlie did not participate but he gave his usual banter from the sidelines

And that despite it being their usual day-off.

And before anybody states the obvious - they were not told about Michel until after training.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Whatever is going on, there are some overweight, unfit (looking), underperforming players at this club. How can McGhee be in any way responsible, he's only been here 5 mins.

If there is a revolt, I hope DK sides with MM and sacks the ringleaders for gross misconduct :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here