Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion players are revoulting against McGhee.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Whats the point in having a squad of players that wont performe? We need a decent boss, Im anti Mcghee. The players need a kick up the arse, true. But not to the extent that there gunna just ignore the manager and do what they want.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Only time will tell. I would like to think McGhee's half time team talk was something like Mike Bassett;s at half time against Mexico.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
If you don't like your new boss you have one of two options :

1. Hand in your notice and face an extended ( and uncertain ) period deciding wether you're considered valuable enough to be asked to stay.

2. Knuckle down, keep your nose clean, but have a discussion with your boss as to why you think he's doing it wrong. At least bring your concerns to his attention.

What you definitely should not be doing, is organising a revolt amongst your colleagues, or some kind of protest or ' work to rule '.

This sounds more like a clash of personalities than a indictment on anyones ability to do their job.

These players have not given a very good account of themselves in recent games, and they should be mature enough to realise that, along with the plaudits for success, they have to take the knockbacks for failing to deliver good results.

The manager has to be ' above ' the players, they don't have to like him for his methods, their job is to do what their told to do to the best of their ability.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
34064 Fighter Command said:
If you don't like your new boss you have one of two options :

2. Knuckle down, keep your nose clean, but have a discussion with your boss as to why you think he's doing it wrong. At least bring your concerns to his attention.

Did you see Mcghee on the bench last week...Hardly the kind of guy you can reason with! McGhee needs to get his arse in gear, not just the players.

Albion Rob

Even when we were top we weren't convincing in many matches. Players just need to start doing their jobs proper;y. Marking from crosses, covering platers going forward, passing the ball to their own players. The attitude seems to have been all wrong for about a month now. Chippy is a prime example, his game is suffering because he can't play like the midfielder he wants to becasue he is tracking back and not being able to attack, that calls for Zesh to get himself into gear.

Like the Titanic, too many passengers I'm afraid.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Did you see the players on the pitch last week .... Hardly the kind of team that can win a 2nd Division Championship !

Well I'm sorry if the players feel they are above a bit of discipline, perhaps they should remember what a privileged existance they already lead.

Even the most low paid of them probably earn several times what you or I do, and we're the ones giving them the opportunity to persue the profession they want to...............

Then there's getting all that time off during the summer, only having to train in the mornings, all that VIP treatment, my heart bleeds for them that they're expected to do a days graft for it all.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
A very similar thing happened at the start of the 2000/01 season, when we lost three out of our first four games. The players had a clear the air meeting with Micky Adams, and look what happened after that.

The important point may well be is if Mark McGhee has the same level of humility as Adams in listening to the players and finding a happy compromise.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
34064 Fighter Command said:
Did you see the players on the pitch last week .... Hardly the kind of team that can win a 2nd Division Championship !

Well I'm sorry if the players feel they are above a bit of discipline, perhaps they should remember what a privileged existance they already lead.

Even the most low paid of them probably earn several times what you or I do, and we're the ones giving them the opportunity to persue the profession they want to...............

Then there's getting all that time off during the summer, only having to train in the mornings, all that VIP treatment, my heart bleeds for them that they're expected to do a days graft for it all.

Aggreed. They are papmered. But I never said anything about the players being "above a bit of discipline". Of course they need to be told, but there are ways of doing things. McGhee hasnt got the people skills. He's proved that already. Bloody Cotteril would have done a better job.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Biscuit shut up! McGhee is prven at this level, the players have been lacklustre recently and need a kick up the arse, just seems like they dont like abit of hard work and are whinging about it!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Biscuit said:
you've changed your tune crabbers.

MCGHEE OUT

since when exactly? I've never said McGhee out have I? ya donut :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here