Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion kit 2024/25 - official thread

What do YOU think of the new Albion home kit?

• Love it

• Hate it

• Fence

Results are only viewable after voting.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Looks like the fake kits have started appearing on dhgate
I've pretty much given up on trying to find a US based retailer with authentic Brighton kit. I really don't understand why they don't exists. Is it the club? Is it Nike? Is it the retailers themselves? They seem to have every other premier league shirt, but not Brighton.

So, I might well just go with Chinese knock-off since they've made it too expensive and too complicated otherwise.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I've pretty much given up on trying to find a US based retailer with authentic Brighton kit. I really don't understand why they don't exists. Is it the club? Is it Nike? Is it the retailers themselves? They seem to have every other premier league shirt, but not Brighton.

You'll be lucky to find one in a UK retailer, tbh.

Albion aren't big enough for massive distribution deals like Man Utd, Chelsea etc. (The latter has half a floor at Nike Town on Oxford Street)

Be happy that you support a cult club!

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
You'll be lucky to find one in a UK retailer, tbh.

Albion aren't big enough for massive distribution deals like Man Utd, Chelsea etc. (The latter has half a floor at Nike Town on Oxford Street)

Be happy that you support a cult club!
It's maddening though, for example WorldSoccerShop, who I think sell genuine stuff or, at the very least, sell stuff at genuine prices, don't have Brighton, but do have f***ing Palace:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

So, I might well just go with Chinese knock-off since they've made it too expensive and too complicated otherwise.
Just don’t get why adults (?) buy knock off. You know it’s fake, it won’t last long or wear well, and it feeds financial crime. Also it would be mighty embarrassing wearing a fake with people knowing it’s fake (or you wondering if people know). Lastly it’s of no benefit to the club!!

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Just don’t get why adults (?) buy knock off. You know it’s fake, it won’t last long or wear well, and it feeds financial crime. Also it would be mighty embarrassing wearing a fake with people knowing it’s fake (or you wondering if people know). Lastly it’s of no benefit to the club!!
Clubs make very little from shirt sales. It's the retailers and Nike who are making out like bandits on shirt sales.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Clubs make very little from shirt sales. It's the retailers and Nike who are making out like bandits on shirt sales.

That's another part of the reason the club keep the shirt sales in house. They make the retailers cut from sales too that way, although it isn't anywhere near what most people think. A vast majority of the money made from our shirt sales ends up with Nike.

I believe the club have also looked into it and they don't think that selling the shirts through other retailers would be cost effective given how low the actual number of shirts that are likely to be sold that way would be.

I think Liverpool's last kit deal saw them get 20% of sales as commission from Nike. That was very much an outlier with most other top clubs getting around 10-15%

Last edited:

kelvinnewman

Aug 17, 2023
There was a big legal process around Liverpool’s move away from New Balance and lot of the conflict in the case was around “how widely stocked will the shirt be”

The big clubs will put pressure on the manufacturers (and in directly retailers) to sell the shirt, assuming the current Nike deal was signed before the recent increases in the clubs stature probably wasn’t a huge part of the deal

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
The New York Islanders top I bought 6 years ago for £15 that was £125 on the official site still going strong after all those washes...I'm not embarrassed wearing it, don't give a fu(k what people think and the Islanders are still going strong to the best of my knowledge...

Other than that your post factually correct

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here