Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Have A Bad Week Shock Horror

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A few gruesome results in the last 7 days for us, but lets not hit the PANIC button just yet. Some of the hysterical reaction around me today in D block to getting stuffed (again) by Crewe was ridiculous. "Come on Albion, lose this and we're gaahn DAAAHN" said the bloke in front and to my left. "BOLLOCKS" said I, and that was at 0-1. At 0-3 I guess he must have slashed his wrists or just given up on us.

We're having a bad spell - thats going to happen in this division. Thats not news, and its not surprising. I don't care where Crewe are in the division, I thought they played some of the best passing football I have seen from a visiting team this season, and from that evidence they will be comfortably mid-table. They've already scored 30 goals this season - only Wigan and Ipswich (the top 2) have scored more. Their 2nd and 3rd goals were of the highest quality, and they really did play some excellent attacking football.

As for the Albion - we really wern't THAT bad today. Plenty of possession, Leon worked his socks off, Currie was sublime, Nicolas was superb. At times we were stroking it around very nicely and created some half-chances. Curries rocket off the bar, Reids shot hitting the side netting, Hardings header, Leon clean through. We've played worse than that and managed to get something from the game, but unfortunately Crewe were absolute mustard coming forward today with a highly effective strike partnership well supported from midfield.

Yes, we lost. But I honestly thought we didn't play all that badly. Crewe deserved their win, but the scoreline flattered them. They could have had a couple more, but then so could we. The end of a grotty week, and another tough fixture ahead, but we've got enough to stay up.

Just.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Easy 10 said:
...Crewe were absolute mustard coming forward today with a highly effective strike partnership well supported from midfield.

That's the BIG difference between us and the 3 teams we've played this week. Virgo makes things better, but not much. We urgently need to get it sorted

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I think 5-2 would have been a fair result.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Re: Re: Albion Have A Bad Week Shock Horror

Lush said:
That's the BIG difference between us and the 3 teams we've played this week. Virgo makes things better, but not much. We urgently need to get it sorted

no proven striker=no goals=no points= relegation , is that what the board want?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Re: Re: Re: Albion Have A Bad Week Shock Horror

The Auditor said:

Frankly, if it is the only way to direct enough funds towards the Falmer process, then I see nothing wrong with it. I'd rather wait ten years for this level of football than have no future at all.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
To add to Easy 10s post I normally dont think that Leon puts in the effort that he should but he worked hard today.

The Auditor - I don't swear so very politely I will say GO AWAY.
Your comments are ignorant, ill founded and trying to cause trouble.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Yorkie said:
The Auditor - I don't swear so very politely I will say GO AWAY.
Your comments are ignorant, ill founded and trying to cause trouble.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by The Auditor
The first part is fact and the second a question - what is your problem Yorkie, too close to the truth?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I dont have a problem but you seem to.

What truth? The board want relegation? The board want to make ends meet.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Yorkie said:
I dont have a problem but you seem to.

What truth? The board want relegation? The board want to make ends meet.

I'd just like us to stay in this division and it doesnt have to break the bank

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Auditor said:
I'd just like us to stay in this division and it doesnt have to break the bank

Really? Well as an auditor you will know exactly how to find the money for the Capital Gains Tax (or delay the Inland Revenue) and balance the books and find a new striker (with his wage demands)

*sits back and waits for words of wisdom to spring forth from an auditor*

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I was really looking forward today and now I'm gutted. :(

Worst thing is my dad and brother bleating on about McGhee.

Can't wait for our 1-0 win at West Ham with a Bobby Z own goal next week. The past 3 games will be forgotten in an instant.

Piercy was bloody rubbish though - although McGhee was maybe asking a lot of him after coming back from illness and an unfamiliar position.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Turkey

Politely tell your Dad and brother (youngest or middle) to stop bleating and listen to Auntie Yorkie.

We'll be fine :)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Yorkie said:
Turkey

Politely tell your Dad and brother (youngest or middle) to stop bleating and listen to Auntie Yorkie.

Would you buy a second hand car from this woman?:lolol:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Yorkie said:
Turkey

Middle. Youngest doesn't have an opinion yet. He's still learning what colour we play in. ;)

I hate it when we lose because they talk so much :censored:. So I look on here for some sense and more :censored:. :lolol:

P.S. We played better at Crewe. ;)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dougdeep said:
Would you buy a second hand car from this woman?:lolol:

Good clean condition just had a new exhaust. Good little runner and careful lady driver :lolol: :lolol:

Hydro Driven

Nov 1, 2004
Brighton
BHAFC always have bad patches but this is VERY BAD!

Crewe should have one by a lot more!!!(we all know that!!)
We need a striker!!!! Its goin to be a long hard season!!!! :censored:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Yorkie said:
Really? Well as an auditor you will know exactly how to find the money for the Capital Gains Tax (or delay the Inland Revenue) and balance the books and find a new striker (with his wage demands)

*sits back and waits for words of wisdom to spring forth from an auditor*

The CGT should have been paid ages ago and should have be provided for,(bad planning?) given the delay in Falmer planning the Inland Rev have concessionary powers to delay demand of payment.
Balancing the books , Dick states this is what is happening and I'm sure it is with the help of the A & K fund.
The striker, I would hope there is a little bit left in the playing budget given the release of Rodger and Blackwell

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
we want Falmer! said:
BHAFC always have bad patches but this is VERY BAD!

Crewe should have one by a lot more!!!(we all know that!!)
We need a striker!!!! Its goin to be a long hard season!!!! :censored:

What's new? We knew this as soon as the final whistle went in May at Cardiff.

We're in for a slog. We've had a much, much better start than last time though.

We need to stop this run of defeats soon. I'm reasonably confident that we will (I wasn't 24 months ago).

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Auditor said:
The CGT should have been paid ages ago and should have be provided for,(bad planning?) given the delay in Falmer planning the Inland Rev have concessionary powers to delay demand of payment.
Balancing the books , Dick states this is what is happening and I'm sure it is with the help of the A & K fund.
The striker, I would hope there is a little bit left in the playing budget given the release of Rodger and Blackwell

The CGT is there for investment in a new stadium. I fail to see why the improvements made to Withdean cannot be offset against the CGT. The Inland Revenue know that the delay in Falmer is no the fault of the clubs so why should it have been paid years ago?
The IR are now saying they are not prepared to wait any longer. It's like vultures swirling around.

After the release of Rodger and Blackwell there may be more
WAGES available but not instant cash for a transfer fee.
As has been well documented we went after the England under 18 and Southampton striker Dexter Blackstock but unfortunately injuries to the Southampton squad prevented this.

We need a break. At the moment all is going against us but the tide will turn

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yorkie said:
The CGT is there for investment in a new stadium. I fail to see why the improvements made to Withdean cannot be offset against the CGT. The Inland Revenue know that the delay in Falmer is no the fault of the clubs so why should it have been paid years ago?
The IR are now saying they are not prepared to wait any longer. It's like vultures swirling around.

After the release of Rodger and Blackwell there may be more
WAGES available but not instant cash for a transfer fee.
As has been well documented we went after the England under 18 and Southampton striker Dexter Blackstock but unfortunately injuries to the Southampton squad prevented this.

We need a break. At the moment all is going against us but the tide will turn

Are you saying that all these donations to A & K fund are to pay the CGT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here