Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion fans rewritting history - McGhee

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Early Doors said:
Very interested that you know that to be a fact. Please state your source.

No source at all but he was never offered another job like Coppell and Adams were.

Or do you know any better ?

Why are we still going on about McGee?

He did OK for us a manager. Yes, he is a decent bloke doing a diificult job in very difficult circumstances.

Let's look at some facts.

1.Play off final 2004. Not exactly a game for the purists was it. Yes we went up, scraped through. Don't get me wrong - fantastic day, one I will never forget.

Why are we still going on about McGee?

He did OK for us a manager. Yes, he is a decent bloke doing a diificult job in very difficult circumstances.

Let's look at some facts.

1. Play off final 2004. Not exactly a game for the purists was it. Yes we went up, scraped through. Don't get me wrong - fantastic day, one I will never forget.

2. How mant times have the team scored 3 goals in a match under McGee? Ans. 4 times in nearly 3 years. (once in two seasons).

3. When was the last time we scored 4? Ans. 2 1/2 years ago v Wycombe.

4. Boxing day last season v QPR. Tactical genius. 52 mins, McAmmon comes on and takes the ball to the corner flag in the vain hope of wasting at leats 38 mins worth of time.

We forget sometimes that previous managers did extremely well in worse situations. Taylor I didn't rate as he inherited Adams' side. Then shit on us.

One thing Adams, taylor and Coppel all had in common though was the backing and confidence of the players. They knew how to man manage. McGee struggled with this last season as spats with some players proved. (Some of these players having played for previous managers).

I think it's time to lay this ghost to rest. Let McGee go peacefully.

The king is ead, long live the king.

:glare:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Uncle Spielberg said:
I am boiling and fuming, I am a festering boil ready to explode. I listened in dis belief to some of the comments on Harty's show about McGhee. Now it is no trade secret I was a big fan and am not convinced with the Dean Duo yet and would have McGhee back as he would have lead us to the play offs but people disagree, that i can accept but

CAN PEOPLE STOP FECKING RE WRITTING HISTORY TO SUIT THEIR ANTI MCGHEE PROPOGANDA.

" We would not have won with Magoo in charge "
" Magoo would have lost the game with the extra man if he was here "
" no one wanted to play for Magoo "
" Magoo would have just stood in the dug out with his arms folded "
" Magoo showed no passion as manager "

Bollocks, bollocks, bollocks, bollocks, bollocks

Why is McGhee now public enemy no 1 ?. He got us promoted, kept us up, got relegated due to LDC and had a mid table start after 6 games and a cup win.

I think they way he is being treated by Albion fans now and for the last 6 months has been a bloody disgrace frankly. Knight had his reasons for sacking him but McGhee was THE ONLY MANAGER WHO DID NOT WALK OUT ON BRIGHTON FOR BETTER THINGS. Even though he must have had chances.

Give credit where its due, stop re wriitting history, show some decency and button it.

That is all I have to say.

That seems mostly like a difference of opinion rather than rewritting history. At the end of the day we simply don't know whether we'd have won that game under McGhee.. its impossible to know.

As for the others, I can't recall seeing McGhee scream instructions..in fact when I think of him I see him standing arms folded.

McGhee isn't public enemy no 1. He is just an ex manager that a vast percentage of fans didn't take to. Simple as that.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
supaseagull said:
Does it really matter anymore?

I'd rather concentrate now on the positives...unbeaten in 3 games...:clap2: :albion:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Frankly I don't care a jot for McGhee any more. Players and managers walk out on us all the time unfairly and we get told 'that's football'. We force out a manager who was arguably losing it and you expect me to lose sleep over it?

The only thing that matters is :albion:

Lets enjoy stuffing Borient. Lets get 3 points in the next game. Lets get Falmer. And lets never mention the word McGoo again.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The manager is only as good as the support her receives from those above him (knight and co).An d lets be honest there was'nt a lot of that for mcghee was there.
it will be the same for wilkins as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here