Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion fans rewritting history - McGhee

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am boiling and fuming, I am a festering boil ready to explode. I listened in dis belief to some of the comments on Harty's show about McGhee. Now it is no trade secret I was a big fan and am not convinced with the Dean Duo yet and would have McGhee back as he would have lead us to the play offs but people disagree, that i can accept but

CAN PEOPLE STOP FECKING RE WRITTING HISTORY TO SUIT THEIR ANTI MCGHEE PROPOGANDA.

" We would not have won with Magoo in charge "
" Magoo would have lost the game with the extra man if he was here "
" no one wanted to play for Magoo "
" Magoo would have just stood in the dug out with his arms folded "
" Magoo showed no passion as manager "

Bollocks, bollocks, bollocks, bollocks, bollocks

Why is McGhee now public enemy no 1 ?. He got us promoted, kept us up, got relegated due to LDC and had a mid table start after 6 games and a cup win.

I think they way he is being treated by Albion fans now and for the last 6 months has been a bloody disgrace frankly. Knight had his reasons for sacking him but McGhee was THE ONLY MANAGER WHO DID NOT WALK OUT ON BRIGHTON FOR BETTER THINGS. Even though he must have had chances.

Give credit where its due, stop re wriitting history, show some decency and button it.

That is all I have to say.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Uncle Spielberg said:
I am boiling and fuming, I am a festering boil ready to explode. I listened in dis belief to some of the comments on Harty's show about McGhee. Now it is no trade secret I was a big fan and am not convinced with the Dean Duo yet and would have McGhee back as he would have lead us to the play offs but people disagree, that i can accept but

CAN PEOPLE STOP FECKING RE WRITTING HISTORY TO SUIT THEIR ANTI MCGHEE PROPOGANDA.

Why is McGhee now public enemy no 1 ?. He got us promoted, kept us up, got relegated due to LDC and had a mid table start after 6 games and a cup win.

I think they way he is being treated by Albion fans now and for the last 6 months has been a bloody disgrace frankly. Knight had his reasons for sacking him but McGhee was THE ONLY MANAGER WHO DID NOT WALK OUT ON BRIGHTON FOR BETTER THINGS. Even though he must have had chances.

Give credit where its due, stop re wriitting history, show some decency and button it.

I agree with most of that, but saying we got relegated by LDC is utter bollocks.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thats a nice rant.
SUPERB use of the word 'bollocks' - textbook stuff.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Uncle Spielberg said:
McGhee was THE ONLY MANAGER WHO DID NOT WALK OUT ON BRIGHTON FOR BETTER THINGS. Even though he must have had chances.
Nope, unless you count carrying Strachan's clipboard as better things.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Agree in parts. One thing you have to say about his reign is that he only had one bad season out of 3. He got us promoted (and dont spout that crap about it not being his team, he added 6-7 players en-route to the play offs) and then kept us up. He also achieved something that Adams or coppel never done. He got us promoted to the second tier. Having said that, I think he had taken us as far as he could, and it was time to change it.:)

Last edited:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
He's gone, why are people still talking him?...

(Finds suitable avatar replacement) :lolol:

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The reason McGhee never walked out was because he had nowhere to go

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I disaree I think he was here for the long haul and set his stall out to be Albion manager when we marched out at Falmer in 2009 or whenever the bloody hell it will be. Albions fans and DK had other ideas.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Uncle Spielberg said:

Brilliant post US. :bowdown: :bowdown:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
he was all of what you said uncle,and he would of led us ou.t to glory at falmer,i have no doubt about that.i hope the best for him,and seeing him on the pundits of cl,on wed confirmed that,he still is a good manager

cjdavis

May 17, 2006
shoreham
Mark Mcghee, was good....for a while.....so he got a better contract.....Mark mcghee was bad for a while.....so he got the sack.........What,s so difficult to understand...??????

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
some dont agree,some do,i know one thing,we would have got 9 points from the last 3 games

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here