Albion Fail on 3 Signings [merged threads]

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
DK will blame all agents again as usual

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
DK will blame all agents again as usual

And the idiots will blame DK again as usual.

Do you understand player transfers? For a start if a player is in contract the club have to agree to sell him before you reach personal terms negotiations with the player and their agent. In the case of Currie and Leven, the bids were rejected by Luton and Chesterfield respectively, so to jumo on here and make comments like that is really dumb.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
DK is a shit chairman, needs to step aside now if our club are ever going to get anywhere!

... so tell me who would be stupid enough to take on the role when they'd have to put up with pricks like you. Not only would they have to listen to crap like this they'd also have to pay for the pleasure.

It's took the human race some 70,000 years to come down out of the trees, and when you read bollocks like this you have to ask youself why we bothered.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
If we really wanted Currie, then we would have gone and got him when the admins were in at Luton - it was once again a last minute attempt. Still will the 20k january profit cover a regulation and drop in crowds?

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
F Sake people - Chesterfield TURNED DOWN our offer of 50K. We then doubled it and they TURNED IT DOWN, even though he will walk away for nothing in June. How is that the clubs fault????

Luton TURNED DOWN our offer for Currie, we know they have new hope with new owners and they are not forced to sell anymore so there is an argument we could have got in earlier but we didn't, perhaps we were eyeing another target? For all we know Currie is chomping at the bit to play for us again but if the club say no it means no.

The young lad Martin who was an ex Albion schoolboy - maybe being released has left a sour taste in his mouth and he didn't feel right to return? Being a palace player he's more than likely situated in South London and Millwall across the road (already with a half decent stadium a good manager in Jackett and US investment) was more attractive to him. He went for 50k and we would have easily matched it so it came down to player choice.

The club can't press gang players or clubs into letting us sign them. Some people on here would let shit enter theitr mouths if it was Naylor holding the shovel :angry:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Some people on here would let shit enter theitr mouths if it was Naylor holding the shovel :angry:
Yep, it's all Naylor's fault we haven't got any midfielders. Nothing to do with the fact that Albion put all their faith on 3 deadline day dealings then.

But at the end of the day, all hope is not lost. We're only one or two players short of potentially being a decent side. We just need to get a couple of players on loan who can provide some service.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Oh come on!

We also missed out on Jermain Defoe,Kaka and Gabbie Agbonlahor when our late enquiries were knocked back.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Dissapointing is the summary. Pleased with the attack now but the midfield is seriously weakend. At least we made a profit eh !

Think we need to play Cox in the middle tomorrow with Thomson with Jake + Martot out wide. Basically if that doesnt work we have no other options.

Yep, it's all Naylor's fault we haven't got any midfielders. Nothing to do with the fact that Albion put all their faith on 3 deadline day dealings then.

Hang on, that's not fair really. With Leven we bid 50K earlier in the window and they turned it down. We DOUBLED that and they turned it down again. From what we can gather we then went back again, but it didn't happen. Hardly last minute, and not DK's fault. If they turn the bid down there's not much he can do, other than increase the bid which he did. I wouldn't want him to pay over the odds just out of desperation anyway. He'd be on a loser on here whatever. Don't sign a player because a bid is turned down, then he should have offered more. Make inflated bid and sign player, then wasted money we didn't have on an untried player.

I don't see what more he could do really. We've signed 4 players, two of which look like they could be real quality.

But at the end of the day, all hope is not lost. We're only one or two players short of potentially being a decent side. We just need to get a couple of players on loan who can provide some service.

Precisely.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hang on, that's not fair really. With Leven we bid 50K earlier in the window and they turned it down. We DOUBLED that and they turned it down again. From what we can gather we then went back again, but it didn't happen. Hardly last minute, and not DK's fault. If they turn the bid down there's not much he can do, other than increase the bid which he did. I wouldn't want him to pay over the odds just out of desperation anyway. He'd be on a loser on here whatever. Don't sign a player because a bid is turned down, then he should have offered more. Make inflated bid and sign player, then wasted money we didn't have on an untried player.
If that is the way it did pan out, then I do have some sympathy. I thought we'd only offered double yesterday, which seems desperate.

Either way, we should have had other irons in the fire long before deadline day IMO.

I guess I'm just disappointed, because (barring serious injury) we could be just one decent winger from being a play off side. Our striker situation looks very promising now, and our defence is capable enough at this level.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A couple of creative midfield loan signings will solve the problem.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
If that is the way it did pan out, then I do have some sympathy. I thought we'd only offered double yesterday, which seems desperate.

Either way, we should have had other irons in the fire long before deadline day IMO.

I guess I'm just disappointed, because (barring serious injury) we could be just one decent winger from being a play off side. Our striker situation looks very promising now, and our defence is capable enough at this level.

I do not know if this has been mentioned but surely we could only start sensible negotiation once we knew we had the 'Hammond'money coming in? Maybe the useless 'Kevin Bacon' lookalike had not faffed around agreeing his 'moneylicious' terms we would have had more time to consider our bids earlier in the day.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
think DW has played a clever game, keeping quiet. He is the manager after all and instrumental in who comes in and out - and I think everyone ranting's missed this point; DW's shipped out a lot of unhappy dressing room members (which can't be good at any club) and is building a team with fewer moaners. And he's done it very quietly. Classic good cop / bad cop play. In the circumstances, I think we're still a decent team but only in League 1. Happy with that until Falmer comes and have been realistic about that for last 10 years. Why aren't others?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
f*** me all this meltdown and in previous seasons we were lucky to get one loan player in or out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here