Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Fail on 3 Signings [merged threads]

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Another overall shambles from Dick Knight

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
This is woeful. The midfield was the main area we really needed to strengthen. I was really happy with the signing of Thomson. But McFaul might as well be written off already, couldnt even make the bench on his second game available and is playing in the sussex senior cup!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
But presumably this is tomorrow's copy, I don't think this would be up on The Argus site if they didn't have pretty strong reasons to believe that it is over...

Im sure the Argus said something similar and we ended up confirming the signing of Gifton Noel-Williams on loan just after the deadline had passed.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i dont think we will be in a relegation battle either as im sure we will bring someone in one the loan window reopens

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
And also, Dick Knight has actually made a profit in this window! A massive physcological attempt to try and show the fans we can spend big with Murray and it's worked.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
McFaul might as well be written off already, couldnt even make the bench on his second game available and is playing in the sussex senior cup!
think thats due to lack of match fitness

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
bollocks, i was hoping we would have got Currie

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Things can only get better

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Im sure the Argus said something similar and we ended up confirming the signing of Gifton Noel-Williams on loan just after the deadline had passed.
Well, I hope you're right.

Only a week til the loan window opens anyway. :jester::thumbsup:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
This means it is over. You'd do well to get somebody in to brighton, agree a fee, sign a contract and the FA process it in 15 minutes!!!!!

Thing is though, it would only be announced after all that has been done so there could have been a player doing just those things for the last 2 hours, doesn't have to have started just now. obviously I still think its unlikely, but you never know! Most dissapointed about Leven to be honest. but I do think in general our midfield is probably the weakest it has been in quite a few years now.

God I wish we could have Bertin back now!

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
wonder if there is any out of contract midfielders worth a look at?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Not with an ego like that. You have to play for the team week in week out, not when it suits you. There's a good reason no other club has signed him.

We have a non-existant midfield. He was quality. Equally he was obviously spot on with what he said.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
We have a non-existant midfield. He was quality. Equally he was obviously spot on with what he said.

No I don't think he was, since it's not clear that Hammond was offered a contract at the beginning of the season. Unless my memory escapes me he made a public complaint about contract situations at the club (mainly Savage and Hammond), and in both cases it transpired that the club had offered decent contracts and it was down the the player's personal decisions. O'Callaghan just felt the need to ruin his football career because he has no self-discipline. He could be a good player, I remember asking a few games after he came to us how a player that good could only have made a handful of appearances by the age of 28, and he proved to me exactly why that was. We don't need stirrers at our club.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
No I don't think he was, since it's not clear that Hammond was offered a contract at the beginning of the season. Unless my memory escapes me he made a public complaint about contract situations at the club (mainly Savage and Hammond), and in both cases it transpired that the club had offered decent contracts and it was down the the player's personal decisions. O'Callaghan just felt the need to ruin his football career because he has no self-discipline. He could be a good player, I remember asking a few games after he came to us how a player that good could only have made a handful of appearances by the age of 28, and he proved to me exactly why that was. We don't need stirrers at our club.

I dont think he went out of his way to go into it, wasn't he asked the reason for poor performance and sited that as one of the reasons? Anyway I think we are worse of without him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here