Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Bonus Scheme for Club Staff

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good move by the club - increases performance and loyalty usually and particularly now when everyone pulling together might just make that marginal difference

TB has enough experience and people round him (particularly in his 'other' business) to work out a decent bonus scheme - money won't be an issue if we go up. Probably a % of salary, with % increasing as responsibility increases (so yes, Barber is on for a whopping wedge). Good luck to them - the whole atmosphere around the club has been noticeably different this season - even the normally-grumpy head steward in my block almost smiled a few games ago.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Hmmm, not sure about this, paying people more for something they have no control over rather than just giving them a fair wage? (I'm not saying they don't already give them a fair wage)

It's an interesting point. In the businesses that I've run I've always put in a simple, generous bonus scheme that pays out if we achieve not-too-hard performance. In every business, I've generally been met with a significant degree of antipathy &/or suspicion, which has always puzzled me. So, in the last company I took a controlling interest in - a year ago, I offered the staff a choice: a 2.5% increase in salary or zero increase in salary with an on-target bonus of 15% of base salary, with a cap for over-achievement of 30% of base salary. I told the staff that, imo, there was a 85% chance we'd hit the on-target numbers, declining to a 25% chance we'd hit the cap numbers. Only 20% of the staff went for the bonus scheme. I've just paid out 28% of base salary to those that did.

The number of people who wanted to get on to the scheme after the six-month stage, and even as late as month 11 (lol) was unbelievable.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Good move by the club - increases performance and loyalty usually and particularly now when everyone pulling together might just make that marginal difference

TB has enough experience and people round him (particularly in his 'other' business) to work out a decent bonus scheme - money won't be an issue if we go up. Probably a % of salary, with % increasing as responsibility increases (so yes, Barber is on for a whopping wedge). Good luck to them - the whole atmosphere around the club has been noticeably different this season - even the normally-grumpy head steward in my block almost smiled a few games ago.

Which block are you in?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
How many employees are there?

Guess at the total budget for this?

I like it. The PL riches are ridiculous. Paying players is just a bottomless pit where correlation between money spent and performance is far from perfect. Why not spread some of the windfall to other employees of the club?

I think it will also be having the desired effect of a small but significant benefit to the #Together project.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
So we fans count for nothing? So much for our 12th man status. Where's my bonus for doing Hull, Cardiff and Bristol in an eight day period? I've personally kept Gordon Greet on his toes for most of this season with my tactical yelling and advice.

Barber out.

So we fans count for nothing? So much for our 12th man status. Where's my bonus for doing Hull, Cardiff and Bristol in an eight day period? I've personally kept Gordon Greet on his toes for most of this season with my tactical yelling and advice.

Barber out.

Now we know why GG has been out injured for so long.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Looking from the outside, should the bonus not have been linked to something that the staff had a degree of control and influence over, rather than something that is out of their control.

A log term injury to say Stephens and Kayal and any bonus is blown out of the water, and the staff are unable to do anything about it.

Should not a more realistic approach have been regaining lapsed season ticket holders, or % of tickets taken up on match promotions, individual performance against set goals, etc.

I just wonder under the actual scheme how much pay the employees have to pay back if we are relegated

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Looking from the outside, should the bonus not have been linked to something that the staff had a degree of control and influence over, rather than something that is out of their control.

A log term injury to say Stephens and Kayal and any bonus is blown out of the water, and the staff are unable to do anything about it.

Should not a more realistic approach have been regaining lapsed season ticket holders, or % of tickets taken up on match promotions, individual performance against set goals, etc.

I just wonder under the actual scheme how much pay the employees have to pay back if we are relegated

How would that work with stewards as an example

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Obviously they don't have to pay anything back.

It is clearly just a very nice, generous, move on behalf of the club to enhance the feelgood factor around the drive for promotion.

This isn't money that the club could/should be paying the staff for doing their jobs. This is a BONUS if we get promoted to the PL and enjoy a massive cash windfall.

Hard not to like.

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
Christ that Argus site is practically unreadable.

And when it doesn't crash, you get headlines like this: "Day four of the Janet Muller murder trial, whose body was found in the boot of a car".

The grammar here indicates they found a murder trial in someone's boot. That's some big boot. Given that journalists are supposed to be able to write as a bare minimum job requirement, it's just appalling.

What a rag.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's an interesting point. In the businesses that I've run I've always put in a simple, generous bonus scheme that pays out if we achieve not-too-hard performance. In every business, I've generally been met with a significant degree of antipathy &/or suspicion, which has always puzzled me. So, in the last company I took a controlling interest in - a year ago, I offered the staff a choice: a 2.5% increase in salary or zero increase in salary with an on-target bonus of 15% of base salary, with a cap for over-achievement of 30% of base salary. I told the staff that, imo, there was a 85% chance we'd hit the on-target numbers, declining to a 25% chance we'd hit the cap numbers. Only 20% of the staff went for the bonus scheme. I've just paid out 28% of base salary to those that did.

The number of people who wanted to get on to the scheme after the six-month stage, and even as late as month 11 (lol) was unbelievable.

I want to come and work for you ! Only a moron would have taken the 2.5% option imho.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
You can't plan your finances on maybe getting a bonus. Salary is all important.
All well and good but I expect a bi product will be Barber not being so self conscious about taking the largest wedge.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Barber out.

You get a superfan badge and utmost respect! Thats the reward!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Hmmm, not sure about this, paying people more for something they have no control over rather than just giving them a fair wage? (I'm not saying they don't already give them a fair wage)

When I worked for corporates everyone got a bonus based on company performance regardless of any affect they had on the profit or bottom line so it seems quite reasonable to me.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
You get a superfan badge and utmost respect! Thats the reward!

Plastic.jpg

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Surely the whole point in employing someone is that they will have an impact, however small, on the performance of the company as a whole?

Look after your internal customers.

Brilliant move by the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here