Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion announce new shirt sponsors

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can't see this paying much.

Albion announce shirt deal with Bluebell Railway

Brighton and Hove Albion chairman Dick Knight today revealed that the Seagulls new shirt sponsors for next season will be the Bluebell Railway.

As the successful seven year deal with Fatboy Slim record label Skint comes to an end this year, local tourist attraction Bluebell Railway have stepped in with a two year deal, and will have their name embossed on the front of the Albions home and away shirts when the new kit is launched during the close season this summer (see below). The railway, run by the National Trust, is based near Uckfield, and runs a regular tourist service between Sheffield Park station and Horsted Keynes.

Dick Knight was delighted with the deal. "I'm thrilled that the Albion have taken up this opportunity to link up with one of the premiere tourist attractions in Sussex" he said. "The Bluebell Railway is well known throughout the county and like us, is synonymous with Sussex. We will be proud to have their name emblazoned on our shirts for the forthcoming campaign in League One, where we will be determined to bounce straight back to where we feel we belong".

With the Bluebell Railways involvement in the club, supporters will have the opportunity to take advantage of a number of perks, as the Albion chairman went on to explain. "Season ticket holders will have discounts in the souvenir shop, reduced rate travel in the 3rd class coaches, a free trackside photographic permit, as well as free admission to the Bluebell Museum (excluding weekends and bank holidays). It all adds up to a hugely exciting package for Albion fans next season, and we look forward to a long and mutually beneficial association with the Bluebell Railway."

Albion chief executive Martin Perry was equally enthusiastic about the deal, but was sadly preoccupied with passing on a plethora of piss-poor railway-associated puns. "I'm really chuffed at the deal" he gushed, before adding: "Perhaps people had thought we'd hit the buffers following our relegation from the Championship, but this sponsorship goes to show that we are back on the right tracks. With the Bluebell Railways help, we'll be going full steam ahead to get back into the Championship". Mr Perry then donned a guards hat and produced a whistle from his pocket, but was hit in the face by a spanner before he could elaborate further.

The new kit is expected to be available to fans by the end of August.

welcome05.gif

How the logo will appear on the shirts. Dick Knight "delighted."

Last edited:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Does this mean that the club has finally hit the buffers ?

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

J2 BHA

NSC Patron
Jul 28, 2004
Very good! Surely the last line should read

'The new kit is expected to be available to fans by the end of December 2013.'

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The Bluebell Railway isn't run by the National Trust. Apart from that I guess the rest is true.

You had me there Easy until I read that the kit would be ready in August. Clearly a wind-up.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Easy 10 said:
Albion chief executive Martin Perry was equally enthusiastic about the deal, but was sadly preoccupied with passing on a plethora of piss-poor railway-associated puns. "I'm really chuffed at the deal" he gushed, before adding: "Perhaps people had thought we'd hit the buffers following our relegation from the Championship, but this sponsorship goes to show that we are back on the right tracks. With the Bluebell Railways help, we'll be going full steam ahead to get back into the Championship". Mr Perry then donned a guards hat and produced a whistle from his pocket, but was hit in the face by a spanner before he could elaborate further. [/B]
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I was hoping for something on these lines as our new sponsor. Good idea to stay local, no point(s) in getting above our station now - we can branch out further once we've got Falmer.

D

Deleted User X18H

but was hit in the face by a spanner before he could elaborate further.

Superb...........................

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
The BRPS ( Bluebell Railway Preservation Society ) is actually a majority shareholder in the Bluebell Railway PLC, which runs the railway itself.

There are about 9,500 members of BRPS, and that's substantially more than the number of Albion season ticket holders.

But there would never likely be sufficient spare cash to offer a shirt sponsorship deal whilst we in the BRPS are still trying to re-open the line to East Grinstead.
:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here