Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion announce new shirt sponsors

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
34064 Fighter Command said:
The BRPS ( Bluebell Railway Preservation Society ) is actually a majority shareholder in the Bluebell Railway PLC, which runs the railway itself.

There are about 9,500 members of BRPS, and that's substantially more than the number of Albion season ticket holders.

But there would never likely be sufficient spare cash to offer a shirt sponsorship deal whilst we in the BRPS are still trying to re-open the line to East Grinstead.
:lol:

Still the little matter of a cutting full of rubbish to be opened up I believe. Expensive.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A friend of mine is heavily into the BlueBell line and tells me that on the weekend of 13/14 May they are having a special weekend with everybody dressed up in wartime clothes I am not sure what the occassion is but I am hoping to take my grandchildren there.

Perhaps 34064 FighterCommand could give me the answer as to what it is all about.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
BensGrandad said:
A friend of mine is heavily into the BlueBell line and tells me that on the weekend of 13/14 May they are having a special weekend with everybody dressed up in wartime clothes I am not sure what the occassion is but I am hoping to take my grandchildren there.

Perhaps 34064 FighterCommand could give me the answer as to what it is all about.

I went 20 years ago, for my 5th birthday and fell asleep for the whole trip.

I was reading about the event theother day...more details can be found here, BG.

http://www.bluebell-railway.co.uk/bluebell/events/saw2006.html

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
At first I thought what a wind up.

But then I remember seeing BoB Booker out at the Bluebell railway the day after the QPR away game

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
is the machine gun post there to keep people in or out?

Supern Easy btw

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Moshe Gariani said:
I was hoping for something on these lines as our new sponsor. Good idea to stay local, no point(s) in getting above our station now - we can branch out further once we've got Falmer.

I stared at that for at least 15 minutes before spotting the railway puns and concluding that you were joking!

It's been a long day...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tch. Everyone instantly assumes I'm LYING again. Can't snag anyone nowadays.

*sigh*

Last edited:

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Planning permission was originally granted for the extension north to East Grinstead back in 1985, and many £ millions have been spent in the different project phases, initially to West Hoathly, then Kingscote, & finally on to East Grinstead. The cost of land purchase, clearance, bridge & tunnel re-building and track re-laying is considerable, even if the raw materials are ex BR surplus.

The removal of the rubbish from the Imberhorne cutting alone is expected to cost aroud £ 4,000,000 .

As for the Wartime re-enactments, they tend to be mainly for the military enthusiasts but do represent a major source of revenue to keep the railway running throughout the year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here