Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion after Coventry striker Simpson

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I really rate Akinfenwa. He was one of the most effective forwards I saw at Withdean last season and he was Northampton's best player by a mile until he was sent off. I actually think that had he not been sent off they would have won because he was battering our defence.

He would be a good signing as, while not the biggest, is definitely the kind of bustling centre-forward we are after and would compliment our current strikers well. I'm sure some will say we should be after better now we are 'rich' though.

Agreed, i think he is still under contract but presume he would come here instead of playing L2 football next season. He is so strong on the ball, and as you say played well at withdean, likewise at sixfields he looked class, but our defense didnt help by having a shocker. Still think Danny graham would be a very good signing for a small fee. We must surely be interested in simpson as a striker if he states he will only leave if he is guarenteed to play up front. Surely there are better strikers than him, as by the looks of it he has had one good season in the conference and thats it.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Is that saying we are willing to pay nearly 400k when he only has a year left on his contract? Seeing as he has now just got a one year deal through an option in his contract.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
If we do end up spunking £350k-£400k on Simpson I'll be pretty worried. a) it seems over the odds and b) there are other areas far more in need of urgent attention (midfield being the standout). In fact probably ALL other areas need more attention!

totally agree- this sounds like madness to me

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
If we do end up spunking £350k-£400k on Simpson I'll be pretty worried. a) it seems over the odds and b) there are other areas far more in need of urgent attention (midfield being the standout). In fact probably ALL other areas need more attention!

Just as well the season doesn't start next week then?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I bet people thought Peterboro were mad when they paid 250K for George Boyd from Stevenage.
Lets not say its madness because we may be signing a player that our manager had identified who may be able to strengthen our squad. Slade has already said that the midfield needs major surgery so lets assume there are other irons already in that fire.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Unless Tony Bloom is so loaded that it barely registers as pocket change for him...

I bet people thought Peterboro were mad when they paid 250K for George Boyd from Stevenage.
Lets not say its madness because we may be signing a player that our manager had identified who may be able to strengthen our squad. Slade has already said that the midfield needs major surgery so lets assume there are other irons already in that fire.

What concerns me is the budget. I know it could have been RS being coy, but I thought he said the budget was about the same as last year? Unless GNLF is correct, this is going to be a significant chunk of our total available funds, spent on the area that least needs improving.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
What concerns me is the budget.
Why?

I'm sure Slade knows what he's doing, if he wants to spend a big part of our budget on Simpson (or anyone) that is his choice. If it's not a big part of our budget, then what's the problem?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
What concerns me is the budget. I know it could have been RS being coy, but I thought he said the budget was about the same as last year? Unless GNLF is correct, this is going to be a significant chunk of our total available funds, spent on the area that least needs improving.

This is the thing, this Cov guy could be wild speculation even so Slade isn't going to come out and say that we have this huge budget as if he did when X players value is 100k as soon as we come in the price rockets up to 250k.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

If the budget was the same as last year, it was huge. One that signed 26 players included the massive money on Robbie Savage. Some of the loans came with a fee too remember.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Simon Cox was a reserve for Reading and then he went to Swindon and they are now asking 2.5 million - you have to speculate to accumulate

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Now that Owusu is out of the picture a move for Simpson looks feasible. If we do sign him , we all have to pray that he doesn't turn out to be the next Jonny Dixon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here