Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion 4 - 4 Orient, March 8th 1997

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
If only we could have 10% of that atmosphere at Withdean. A game like that is worth a £25 entrance fee any day. How I miss the North stand :down:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I remember the Police watching the pitch invasion in disbelief then one of our stewards (Ian?) charging the bloke to the ground. The "Butcher of Brighton", seem to remember him getting a life ban, then appearing at other matchers.

Another of the invaders was a woman (girl) and the bloke who jumped into the NW terrace got a good kick in.

I saw this all from the South Stand!!

What a season - every match seemed to have a memorable incident, somthing to do with Belotti

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Superseagull said:
If only we could have 10% of that atmosphere at Withdean.
True, but wasn't that atmosphere was out of circumstances as shite as they ever get - sheer desperation, last year at the ground, Belloti still everywhere etc etc. Those "good old days" were anything but.

If, back then, you'd been able to offer people a scenario 8-9 years down the line that we'd still be going, enjoying the luxury of being able to squabble over which manager we have (!)and a couple of trophies in the cabinet, I think many people might have bitten your arm off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here