Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion 4 - 4 Orient, March 8th 1997

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
dcseagull said:
Didn't our penalty have to be retaken?

Indeed it did. Etched on my memory is the fact that as McDonald stood over the ball before the retake, I looked down from my vantage point against the very back wall of the North Stand and saw a sea of terrified faces. Hundreds of people literally could not watch him retake it. Thought my legs were going to go myself - absolutely f***ing gut wrenching.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
About the only home game I missed that season :down:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I too remember the north going mental when the 2nd went in.Great game

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
dcseagull said:
Didn't our penalty have to be retaken?

it did

me and kev were sat right behind it in the front row of the south stand - pauly mac was cool as you like to slot it away. and maskell, what a legend:bowdown:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I don't think we will ever see another game of football at mental as that at brighton ever again, it had everything and more. i watched it on TGC's fans united dvd the other day and I still can't believe what happened

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I dont think ill ever forget that game. Probably the most entertaining albion game Ive ever seen. To think that we were 2 up at half time and then trailing 3-2 early in the 2nd half. I remember the nutter running onto the pitch, I think he was standing quite near me at the front of the north stand to the left of the goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here