Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albert Jarrett

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I thought Jarrett had a storming game today. The Coventry defence just didn't know what to do with him. If only he had the confidence to take the ball into the opponent's penalty area and his final pass was better he would be dynamite. Let's just hope that he doesn't improve too much or we'll lose him in the January transfer window.

Well done Albert. Hopefully an Albion legend in the making.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He should have had a shot on that run whatever but sadly didn't - great shame IMHO.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
never really liked him, but is starting to do the business now

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
Jarrett was different class today

'fess up, who among you thought Albert was another Molango? :) Shows the old cliche that players need to be given time to develop is a truism, because it's TRUE.

or a FACT even

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Silent Bob said:

based on last season, when he did next to bugger all. however, this season he is starting to look like a pretty good player

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Wasn't as effecetive when he swithced over to the right, he always had to cut in cos he got no right foot. But other than that :clap2: :clap2:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
London Irish said:
'fess up, who among you thought Albert was another Molango? :) Shows the old cliche that players need to be given time to develop is a truism, because it's TRUE.

or a FACT even

Absolute bollox. Jarrett no more deserved to be frozen out by McGhee last season than Jakey did.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
London Irish said:

or a FACT even
Some of us on here have enough faith in him to be his kit sponsors..........;) :p

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
He was always good at running forward but needed to learn how to track back and defend as well.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Despite being positive about him, I'm still not convinced about his crossing - the final ball seems to be lacking. That said, his cross which hit the bar ended up in the back of the net!!

Carole also has had two poor games (based ONLY on crossing, he was good today), after having a stormer at Leeds, which is suprising...

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
its a shame,he has come on this season,but he just cant defend tackle or seem to have that footballers brain,but as he has improved other parts of his game,im hoping that mm will sort out the rest(no doubt),and he could along with seb be our jewel this season

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I'm in a minority here but I still don't think he is good enough. He doesn't read the game, needs to be shouted at by the bench to remind him to defend but more importantly, you can make all the nice runs down the wing you like, but if you don't put in a decent cross or shot, then all you have done is wasted posession.

Look at Carole (even if he wasn't at his best today) and see what a good winger can do for the team (rather than himself) and then look at Albert - no comparison.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
thedonkeycentrehalf said:
I'm in a minority here but I still don't think he is good enough. He doesn't read the game, needs to be shouted at by the bench to remind him to defend but more importantly, you can make all the nice runs down the wing you like, but if you don't put in a decent cross or shot, then all you have done is wasted posession.

Look at Carole (even if he wasn't at his best today) and see what a good winger can do for the team (rather than himself) and then look at Albert - no comparison.

Fair enough, you are allowed an opinion..

But last 4 games he has been QUALITY i feel, even the Daily Mail was raving about him on Tuesday!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
thedonkeycentrehalf said:

said as much in my post,just doesnt have a footballers brain,tackling etc,but if anyone can improve him(like he seems to have the last few games) its mm,apart from that deserved his mom today,he goes past players as if they wernt their and that does bear well for the future as we have lacked that for a few years

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Withdean Wanderer said:
even the Daily Mail was raving about him on Tuesday!

Kiss of death then, expect a major loss of form :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here