Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Smith

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Alan Smith songs anyone ???

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Alan Smith bossed the Championship at NUFC. I watched their progress, it was a shame he didn't get another chance at the Prem.

If he can get match fit he is better than bridcutt.

I don't think he bossed it, but for the first 15 games or so (guesswork tbh) he was a big player for us. He can put some ridiculously good tackles in, but at the same time collects yellow cards similarly to Tiote. I think he'd be a good signing for you, I don't think anyone can fault his commitment or his passion, he will have a point to prove as well as he does get a lot of (often unfair) criticism up here. When he played in the Prem last year for us he did look poor but he never really had a run in the team.

I don't think he's better than Bridcutt, I really do rate Bridcutt, but I think he could slot in front of your defence nicely. This would be a good move for all parties and if it happens I hope he does well for you.

He has been without a club since June when Newcastle paid up his contract for a full year rather than have him around. Does not say much for him that no one has come in for him five months later.

He is still a Newcastle player, think he was on the bench on Wednesday night...

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
After injury he did not have the speed to play up front so was tried at mid-field but did not shine in the Premiership,his best days are behind him and the only improvement he would bring is the number of bookings

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
What was it Paul "Tank" Clarke said about Lee Bowyer?...."horrible person, but what a player"...same with Smith...Yes, yes and yes again.

Really? Has Alan Smith ever actually been in the papers for doing anything particularly bad? I always thought he kept himself pretty much to himself of the pitch.

My memory may be failing me though.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Harper

Calderon Greer Dunk Reyes

Smith Bridcutt

Lua-Lua Noone

Vicente

CMS

Yes please

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Harper

Smith Bridcutt

Lua-Lua Noone

Vicente

CMS

Yes please

Paynter will feature. He won't have been signed to warm the bench, surely? And you'd think a fit Buckley would play ahead of just about anyone else.

And, Reyes is, by all accounts, a RB, CM, CB and then a LB. Can't see him playing in his fourth preferred position.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Paynter will feature. He won't have been signed to warm the bench, surely? And you'd think a fit Buckley would play ahead of just about anyone else.

And, Reyes is, by all accounts, a RB, CM, CB and then a LB. Can't see him playing in his fourth preferred position.

So apart from all that, it's fine yeah?

D

Deleted member 18477

Harper

Smith Bridcutt

Lua-Lua Noone

Vicente

CMS

Yes please

harper

reyes greer dunk painter

bridcutt smith vicente

buckley CMS noone

or

harper

reyes greer dunk painter

buckley bridcutt smith noone/vicente

paynter CMS

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I dont believe it will happen but he ticks all the boxes for what we need right now.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
this has got legs - friend of a friend is a friend.... and apparently he is interested and "coming down".

If you believe me, my friend, his friend or Smudger of course.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Never rated him when he was meant to be good.
Still, if Gus rates him, who am I to argue?

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Errrm . . . it's from the Daily Star FFS. Shouldn't that tell you something ? Or will he be riding Shergar through our midfield ??

---
I am here: Google Maps
Come on you super seagulls

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Never rated him when he was meant to be good.
Still, if Gus rates him, who am I to argue?

to be honest from what I read on Saturday , Gus didn't know where the story came from!!

(wish I could remember the source now!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here