Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Smith

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gus does have a history of getting his man, even if the wait is long. This Smith rumour has been around for a while now :shrug:

I no longer dismiss any rumours no matter how outlandish...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He has been without a club since June when Newcastle paid up his contract for a full year rather than have him around. Does not say much for him that no one has come in for him five months later.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
He has been without a club since June when Newcastle paid up his contract for a full year rather than have him around. Does not say much for him that no one has come in for him five months later.

Maybe he's been unrealistic about wages. Not a massive fan but he knows how to mix it up i suppose.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Are you sure about that he's still listed on they're official web site and according to the BBC he's listed as squad number 17, Either way i'm not going to hold my breath as there's other clubs out there who can afford more wages than us and it was Allardyce who signed him for Newcastle so they have a link anyway.

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
This would be a quality signing we are being bullied around in midfield, if only Charlie could still play

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Never liked him that much but we really could do with somebody who's a bit of a bully in midfield.

Remember Jimmy Case? Everyone I know couldn't stand him until he signed for us, and then he was brilliant!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
i cant beleive people are already saying no to a player like Alan Smith. If the boy did come and I dont actually think he will, then he would be a very good signing, the one thing you did get from him was 100% committment and his work rate was second to none. he was a quality player and if he is half the player now, he will still be good for us.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Makes sense with Dicker out for the 3 months. Need another centre midfielder in there.
What does Jake Forster Caskey have to do to get a game these days?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here