Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Navarro

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
In a 5 man midfield, and therefore Navarro being given the luxury of not having to mark anybody (which he failed abysmally to do all season), has meant that at last, the 'carthorse' is showing a huge improvement.

I hope he continues, and possibly he may even get himself remotely fit enough to keep up with play.

See. Some common sense!

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Navarro was good last night and has been the last few times I have seen him. Broke up play and did the simple things well. The 3 man midfield worked a treat and it’s a long time since I have seen an Albion team complete dominate another in that area (although not sure it works as well with only Holyroyd up front on his own but that’s another issue)

It’s not unfair, however, to say that Navarro was complete shithouse earlier on in the season. Unless falling over, giving away free kicks in dangerous areas and making tackles 5 minutes too late is classed as having a blinder.

What is good is that Poyet is showing signs of improving players instead of them coming here with decent reputations and being toilet. Long may that continue.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Good performer last night.
Didn't he do one enourmous 'Beckam-esque' cross field pass to Lua Lua in the first half too - peachy number landed just about right on his toes.

Haven't seen mentioned elsewhere, but just come to me -that Bennet shot which Forster blocked with arse - defiantley going in..!

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
He was voted albions man of the match on a Charltons fansite. They really loved him.
He is one of those players that you dont notice untill he is injured and not in your side.
The 5 in the middle could be our saviour. Teams are struggling to break us down. When you think of it, we have got very good midfield players that are coming together at the right time.

Will Gus stick with it on Saturday.

:thumbsup:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He was voted albions man of the match on a Charltons fansite. They really loved him.
He is one of those players that you dont notice untill he is injured and not in your side.
The 5 in the middle could be our saviour. Teams are struggling to break us down. When you think of it, we have got very good midfield players that are coming together at the right time.

Will Gus stick with it on Saturday.

Link? :thumbsup:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood

The perfect example of that was the orient home game, we looked very comfortable until he went off but in the end did well to hold on. ( yes , I know we were a man down)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The perfect example of that was the orient home game, we looked very comfortable until he went off but in the end did well to hold on. ( yes , I know we were a man down)

Or Millwall away where when he went off at half time and Dicker came on and then we totally dominated.

Just want trying to say lets not go overboard and start thinking that we suddenly have the new Zidane.

Against Norwich he gave the ball away cheaply which led to their (thankfully disallowed) goal for a recent example. Orient away where he should have got his foot behind the ball late in the second half, on the edge of their box, didnt and Orient then v v nearly scored from the counter attack...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Navarro is a good player but because he don't bomb about all over the place he goes unnoticed by some vocal voices unless he misplaces a pass when they get on his back. Finally people can see that he is key to our team and Poyet rates him aswell which means more to me than a few voices on here

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Or Millwall away where when he went off at half time and Dicker came on and then we totally dominated.

Just want trying to say lets not go overboard and start thinking that we suddenly have the new Zidane.

Against Norwich he gave the ball away cheaply which led to their (thankfully disallowed) goal.

You remind me of TCB an his ability to only notice the bad things certain players do(Kuipers aside), what about his vital interceptions, tackling and calm passing? every player makes a mistake sometimes, whether it be missing an open goal or a shite pass.:glare:

As others have said, he does a job that not many people appreciate enough imo.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
To be honest, half of his game is about distribution and having Lua Lua as an obvious outlet has presumably made a big difference there.

And isnt that what a good manager is about ? Seeing the strengths we have and playing tothem. The balance of the team is so much better with Lua Lua here..and is obviously helping Navarro as well. Also coincides with a settled family now in Brighton and no commuting to Liverpool

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Game after game after game Navarro offered NOTHING. No passes, tackling NOTHING.

I have said before and I will say it again, if you can get hold of the 90mins of the Charlton game at Withdean where he literally spent the whole game on his arse or back when a Charlton player so much as breathed on him.

However I also said on this thread that he has gone a v small way to redeeming himself for his earlier "performances". Long may it continue. God knows he OWES us.

As others have said we are now obviously playing a system that suits him.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I assume he was thinking about the "about as popular as a fart in a spacesuit" comment when he meant something like "as effective as a chocolate teapot" or similar

Thanks Phil! Thats what I meant!

Sod off Lokki. Go and pick on some newbies. :thumbsup:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Game after game after game Navarro offered NOTHING. No passes, tackling NOTHING.

I have said before and I will say it again, if you can get hold of the 90mins of the Charlton game at Withdean where he literally spent the shole game on his arse or back when a Chatrlton player so much as breathed on him.

However I also said on this thread that he has gone a v small way to redeeming himself for his earlier "performances". Long may it continue. God knows he OWES us.

Well..I disagree, during Slades reign I agree he was poor and quite ineffective, but recently he has been our best defensive and at times our best attacking outlet. we'll have to agree to disagree I suppose but as I said, I think he does a job that is rarely noticed in many teams in all leagues of football. :thumbsup:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
He was bloody good again last night, but then nobody let the side down; and we managed to keep all 11 players on the pitch for 90 minutes!

I'm thinking it might be a plan to play the same formation at home, quite honestly. It certainly suits the type of players we have presently at the club, & Lu Lu has added a whole new threat with his skorchio pace & willingness to attack the full back. Although it was great to see Fozzie back in the fold last night, I'd certainly play GM in the lone striker role (when fit again) - as I think he does the job brilliantly.

What d'ya reckon peeps?

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Navarro has been playing well for about a month now. I didn't rate him to start off with but, like Butters, he needed time to settle in!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

I have said before and I will say it again, if you can get hold of the 90mins of the Charlton game at Withdean where he literally spent the whole game on his arse or back when a Charlton player so much as breathed on him.

As others have said we are now obviously playing a system that suits him.

What exactly does he owe us. Navarro has been playing consistently well since Poyet got here under Slade he had a problem with fitness due to lack of pre-season. He was a vital part of MK Dons last season and there fans were shocked when he didn't get a new contract. Just because he is not going to score 20 a season from midfield does not make him a bad player

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Took you long enough.

He was immense at Leeds too.

And in most of our games under Poyet, actually.

Still, nobody is going to admit that, they'll insist he's only just come good, rather than fail to admit that they've had it wrong for the last 3 months.

I admit i was wrong about him. :bowdown:

He has done a "Butters"

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Navarro last night was awesome. I lost count the number of times he was passed the ball when he had an oppostion player close by, took a quality touch and side stepped the player thus creating time for a pass to one of our players. He is playing some blinding long range passes too, granted not all came off last night but the imagination was there and they were all inches away from being perfect.

His pace obviously is his biggest let down but I don't think he's been caught out on this much at all though.

One of our players of the season - no doubt in my mind

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here