Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Navarro

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
^ I'll agree with that.

I think the midfield trio compliment each other quite nicely really.

Navarro - Intelligent, sits deep and reads the game, very important cog in the system
Crofts - Machine, doesn't give opposing midfielders time or space to play, and also does his fair share of link up/moving the ball. Gets on the score sheet
Dicker - Playing a slightly more advanced role now, has the touch and finesse about him to swirl round in tight spaces and create space for himself, and of course can make a decisive pass in the final third. (as he proved with 2 assists yesterday)

That is of course, when they're all on top of their game and playing well. It's just a shame we have to play 4-5-1 at home, or opt for the lop-sided midfield to have them all starting.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
^ I'll agree with that.

I think the midfield trio compliment each other quite nicely really.

Navarro - Intelligent, sits deep and reads the game, very important cog in the system
Crofts - Machine, doesn't give opposing midfielders time or space to play, and also does his fair share of link up/moving the ball. Gets on the score sheet
Dicker - Playing a slightly more advanced role now, has the touch and finesse about him to swirl round in tight spaces and create space for himself, and of course can make a decisive pass in the final third. (as he proved with 2 assists yesterday)

That is of course, when they're all on top of their game and playing well. It's just a shame we have to play 4-5-1 at home, or opt for the lop-sided midfield to have them all starting.

So... Rogers, Oatway, Carpenter?

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
I still have my doubts over Navarro's positioning when we're not in possession of the ball. Not so much last night or at Leeds (or any other time in the 4-5-1 formation), but when we play 4-4-2 and he is (undoubtedly) the holding midfielder. He just seems to pick precious little up that lands better the defence and the midfield and that is part of his job.

At home, against Norwich and before that Millwall, how many second balls did we not pick up, which fell into this area?

Don't get me wrong, I can't fault him when he is on the ball, or when we have the ball as he is always available. That said, he hasn't played at a higher level and maybe this is why.

I'm not knocking him (as such) just my observations.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What exactly does he owe us.

Not spending the entire 90 mins on his arse basically.

Not being non existant at places like Millwall.

Not giving possesion to the opposition time and time again.

Getting a "foot in" when needed.

I dont care about goals. I do care about CONTRIBUTION and in my OPINION he owes us.

Etc.

Look Im prepared to re appraise him at the end of the season. I think he "owes" us because without putting it lightly he has been a passenger in the words of Iggy Pop.

Last edited:

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Game after game after game Navarro offered NOTHING. No passes, tackling NOTHING.

I have said before and I will say it again, if you can get hold of the 90mins of the Charlton game at Withdean where he literally spent the whole game on his arse or back when a Charlton player so much as breathed on him.

However I also said on this thread that he has gone a v small way to redeeming himself for his earlier "performances". Long may it continue. God knows he OWES us.

As others have said we are now obviously playing a system that suits him.

You must put your name to Tony Bloom to replace Gus Poyet, and lead the team out at Falmer!!
What f***ing nonsense you talk.... funny isnt it that TWO managers think so highly of him...(Russel to sign him..and Gus to keep playing him).
Oh, hold on, they are professional football 'people' ! They know nothing, but you do . Good
And what do you mean about 'going a v small way to redeeming himself' etc.?
He doesnt OWE us anything... if he's not good enough, Gus wont pick him.
Tell you, he is the FIRST name on the team sheet now....Integral part of the team.
Maybe go to the fans forum and take it up with the manager personally ?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
The system looks very promising to me after last night. The midfield 5 all put in a great shift and seemed to grow in confidence that they KNEW we had the extra man and could help each other out. This can be more 4-3-3 at home or we can play on the break.

Navarro has been consistent since Xmas and looks fitter and enjoying his footie.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here