Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Lee

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Uncle Buck said:
But there is the problem. It is seemingly playing great attacking football, although it has only scored 20 goals in 20 games. That does not look like effective attacking football, does it. So maybe the money spent on 2 untried forwards, should have been used to get one reasonably striker down here.

McGhee has his own side now, but sadly it is not getting results.
The answer is clear and goes back to the first point that was made - the club should have brought in striker that is more in the poacher mould than the Leon mould, so why mcghee brought two non poacher strikers is beyond me.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Uncle Buck said:
Stop it, just stop it. Hard facts do not form the truth. After 20,000 odd posts I would have thought that you had learnt that by now.

Sorry!

He wanted to move north at this stage in his life as his family were clearly not settled down here.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
alan lee was a class act at rotherham - could certainly have done a job for us, if not as a goalscorer then as the sort of player who brings others into the game

however, was always unlikely due to the money involved

enigma said:
For all those who kept banging on why we should have signed him.

Firstly, he only has 2 goals this season, although admittedly he doesnt start usually.

Secondly, the transfer fee would have been 300k.

Thirdly, the wages would have been 6k a week.

So will the likes of Perseus stop banging on about how we should have signed him or Ricketts.

WE CANT AFFORD THEM

:dunce:

Interestingly, the Cardiff fans were getting on his back last night for being crap :lolol:

Seems like he only scores in proximity to our shirts, let's hope we sign him one day :lolol:

Uncle Buck said:
End of? Why?

Because you say so?

Personally I do not think that Lee would have been a great signing. However I do feel that a player such as Shipperley who was available on a free, might have been better use of the money that we spent, as those fee's would have covered his wages or the wages of somebody similar for a couple of seasons.

It is very noble that we are bringing in players for the future, but the here and now situation is some what alarming.

Yeah, it's just incredible that Shipperley signed for Premiership-bound Blades over shit-ground, fickle fans Albion. Magoo you ballsed up again :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
KinkyGoebels said:
Cant tell if you mean that or not but 17 points with almost half the games to go is time to panic, the games start running out quickly the other side of christmas.

No its not coz London Irish said early season results dont matter and im sure he meant all the way up to christmas.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck said:
You lot might be able to accept going down

That's right Superfan, all of us want to get relegated except you :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Anyway how do we know its £6k a week. And furthermore there is no way Rotherham would have been paying that....

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
London Irish said:
Yeah, it's just incredible that Shipperley signed for Premiership-bound Blades over shit-ground, fickle fans Albion. Magoo you ballsed up again :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Yes he did coz I dont recall him even trying...

E

enigma

As I said, long term v short term. Its that simple.

Shipperley wouldnt have come, neither will Burley take over, stop kidding yourselves and take a realistic view of things.

Uncle Buck said:
Stop it, just stop it. Hard facts do not form the truth. After 20,000 odd posts I would have thought that you had learnt that by now.

Hard facts :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: What a self-delusional little world the pair of you live in :jester:

E

enigma

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Anyway how do we know its £6k a week. And furthermore there is no way Rotherham would have been paying that....

Rotherham blatantly werent paying that much, but Cardiff bought him at a time when he was playing well and they were highly ambitious, nothing to do with what he was on at Rotherham.

E

enigma

Uncle Buck said:
Look that is where you are going wrong, when talking to Steve, the use of facts is not allowed, unless he uses them to make you look stupid.

Really.

How do you know McGhee didnt try?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here