Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Davies/Hilsborough

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
do those other clubs not play on the anniversary's of their tragedies? i've not heard it before, and judging by Davies comment, they carry on. so he's spot on, why do Liverpool feel the world has to stop for their loss while others dont?

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Love the bit about Kenny Dogleash. He's an ageing grumpy old git who's had his day for me.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The fact is if Liverpool played on that day it would kick off.

I really would like to know for what reason it would kick off bar the actual football match they would play

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I think the fact it's an FA Cup semi final is pertinent in this case

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
i think he he has a fair point, and quite well put!
chelski do look pretty shafted on the brightside tho..
as with the other clubs who play on anniversaries of massive tragedies like this, i'm sure they use it as a time to remember and celebrate the lives of the unfortunates, which seems quite appropriatte, even tho emotional?

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Surely it is better to celebrate those people's lives by playing football, the thing those people loved.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I suppose its because the families of the victims are attending memorials every year on that date.

But I think there comes a point when you have to say hang on, the football world cannot simply stop for LFC on the 15th April every year forevermore.

I say this obviously as someone who didn't lose a loved one on that horrific day, but its not a day that should be held as a "no football day" for Liverpool from 1989 henceforth. There are plenty of ways to remember and show respect without blanking it from the football calander for Liverpool and all opponents regardless.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Surely it is better to celebrate those people's lives by playing football, the thing those people loved.

And the relatives of those deceased?
How about those that were there and lost relatives or those that just about got out in time?
Suppose these were people you loved in these photos

Attachments

• hillsborough.jpeg
    hillsborough.jpeg
    16.2 KB · Views: 1,124
  • _38483389_hillsboroughcrowd238.jpg
    _38483389_hillsboroughcrowd238.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 1,118

Stumpy Tim

And the relatives of those deceased?
How about those that were there and lost relatives or those that just about got out in time?
Suppose these were people you loved in these photos

Those photos are awful... No one denies that. But there are terrible photos from the Bradford fire but Bradford haven't stopped playing on their day of tragedy?

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
How the f*** can FOOLS on here not give a f*** about the suffering of others,how can you give a timespan to grief or the undeserved guilt felt by those that got out whilst family and friends died?

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder can affect anyone anytime.Same as this disaster could have hit ANY group of fans,i know from my Albion experiences that the Football establishment and the plod put MY life on the line loads of times.I just got lucky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here