Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Davies/Hilsborough

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Life goes on and i would,ve thought that playing a match on the day would be better as all supporters could join in and contribute.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Well said, Alan Davies

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How the f*** can FOOLS on here not give a f*** about the suffering of others

Steady on chap. Who's saying people on here "don't give a f***" ?

I do. I just happen to agree with Davies that April 15th should not have to be a calander blank for LFC and its oppenents for ever.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Those photos are awful... No one denies that. But there are terrible photos from the Bradford fire but Bradford haven't stopped playing on their day of tragedy?[/QUote

What the f*** has that got to do with it,what Bradford does is what Bradford chooses to do,they have that right.So do Liverpool.

and I can give you proof that Bradford was a disaster waiting to happen,I have a book printed in 1978 that describes the lethal neglect and criminal incompetence that allowed a fire hazard to exist.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
FA cup games can be played either Sat or Sun so why does it have to be the 15th? It is very pertinent that it is an FA cup semi final (I don't think Liverpool have refused to play a League game to my knowledge) and it is against Everton their closest rivals.
What has it got to do with Alan Davies? He's a comedian so does he think it's humourous or something? Let the FA sort it out.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Some idiots STILL believe the lies printed by the Sun.
That's my point there has still been no justice yet, there is still so much hatred about I could see a nasty reaction towards the police that day. It's a day of grief as justice has not been done, there is a thing called closer and the people have not had it.

Liverpool playing on that day IMO would spell trouble.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
I suggest you actually look at that first photo again,those are real sons and daughters pressed against that fence,that boy looking a funny colour is what?15? see the wire cutting into the girls cheeks?

They went to Football and were killed by those paid to look after them.

And you lot want to put a time limit on grief!!!!!!!

Attachments

• hillsborough.jpeg
    hillsborough.jpeg
    16.2 KB · Views: 427

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What the f*** has that got to do with it,what Bradford does is what Bradford chooses to do,they have that right.So do Liverpool.

and I can give you proof that Bradford was a disaster waiting to happen,I have a book printed in 1978 that describes the lethal neglect and criminal incompetence that allowed a fire hazard to exist.

Fine. But there was a disaster waiting to happen at Hillsborough, as well as you and everyone else now knows.

Tragedy in this world isn't exclusive to Liverpool, believe it or not. No matter how many gruesome pictures you put up. WE KNOW.

We've ALL seen them before, its not like a f***ing grief trophy.

Sheesh.

Last edited:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
20yearssincehillsboroughfootba.jpg

The unimaginable horror of that day must never be forgotten. Respect to Liverpool if they do not want to play on that day. 96 lives were lost. Far far more important than football.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Love the bit about Kenny Dogleash. He's an ageing grumpy old git who's had his day for me.

To be honest you could say the same about Davies. I wish he'd just shut the f*** up, frankly. What Liverpool do or don't do regarding The Hillsborough Tragedy is none of his damned business.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Fine. But there was a disaster waiting to happen at Hillsborough, as well as you and everyone else now knows.

Tragedy in this world isn't exclusive to Liverpool, believe it or not. No matter how many gruesome pictures you put up. WE KNOW.

We've ALL seen them before, its not like a f***ing grief trophy.

Sheesh.

No,you are right.It is a game,it can be moved from 3.p.m.at a convenient neutral ground to make massive gate money for the F.A.to help repay the cost of Wembley or any time any day of the week to make money for ITV or Sky so why not move it because the paying punters want it moved?

Stumpy Tim

And you lot want to put a time limit on grief!!!!!

No one has said anything of the sort.

What's that got to do with it?

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Think the issue isn't Liverpool not playing on that day, I don't think anyone has a problem with that and fully understand their wishes.

What got me was the way Kenny went about it. If he said in the interview "We're going to ask the FA if we don't play that day" or something of the sort the request would of course be accepted and that would be fine. It was the way he barked "We're not playing" as though Liverpool and King Kenny dictated the entire football calender. I know Kenny isn't the most media loving person but personally I don't think it helped.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No,you are right.It is a game,it can be moved from 3.p.m.at a convenient neutral ground to make massive gate money for the F.A.to help repay the cost of Wembley or any time any day of the week to make money for ITV or Sky so why not move it because the paying punters want it moved?

Its not about that. Really, its not. I just don't believe is is an affront on the memory of the victims for LFC to play on April 15th.

Posting immotive horrifying pictures doesn't alter it either.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What got me was the way Kenny went about it. If he said in the interview "We're going to ask the FA if we don't play that day" or something of the sort the request would of course be accepted and that would be fine. It was the way he barked "We're not playing" as though Liverpool and King Kenny dictated the entire football calender. I know Kenny isn't the most media loving person but personally I don't think it helped.

Unfortunately, thats just his style.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Think the issue isn't Liverpool not playing on that day, I don't think anyone has a problem with that and fully understand their wishes.

You can understand it though he was the manager at the time he went to most the funerals, that day must haunt him in his sleep

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
You can understand it though he was the manager at the time he went to most the funerals, that day must haunt him in his sleep

Absolutely, I'm not advocating them playing the fixture but there was no need for him to be as brash. They would have accepted the request regardless without being demanded to. I just found it a bit unnecessary. I know its all semantics but I think that's partially where Davies was coming from.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here