Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Ball RIP

_41159555_ball_medal300.jpg
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
They say you should never meet your boyhood heroes later on in life as it turns out to be a disapointment, thankfully this was not the case when I got the chance to meet Alan through BBC SCR.
He was a real gent and he will be sadly missed by millions.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
A Minute's applause is so much more evoking and appropriate. When there is a silence, there's always some anus-ring-knob-jockey who shouts out something abusive.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
You were a flame topped little engine
The heartbeat of your team
You had many winners medals
And you certainly lived your dream

You won the World Cup with England
And did your country proud
You served your clubs with honour
Praise was shouted aloud

So now you are in heaven
With Mooro and the rest
You'll be in their first team
Marking Georgie Best

So down here we will salute you
And remember back in the day
When you played your brand of football
It was a pleasure to see you play
:bowdown:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Big Jim said:
I still remember his voice at the Brighton - Pompey games, screaming at a very high Pitch.

RIP what a superb player

Did he not have a punch up with Mullery on the first game of the season, Mullery's first game back as manager. 0-0 if I remember ???

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Poor old Bouncy. :(

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Harty said:
They say you should never meet your boyhood heroes later on in life as it turns out to be a disapointment, thankfully this was not the case when I got the chance to meet Alan through BBC SCR.
He was a real gent and he will be sadly missed by millions.

When I was a kid Alan Ball was my hero. I was too young to remember 1966 but I do remember Mexico 1970. I became an Everton fan because of him and then as a fickle 10 year old I transferred my allegience to Arsenal when he went to play for the Gooners (I found the Albion in 1972). I think he was the first player to wear white boots and I bought myself a pair as soon as they hit the shops.

About 10 years ago I was at Goodwood races and there was Alan Ball in the crowd. I went up and shook his hand and he was really friendly. I had the feeling that he enjoyed all the attention.

A very sad day. RIP

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
Only found out this evening when I went to watch the Chelsea-Liverpool match. What a shock. Had the pleasure to see him play once in that great championship-winning Everton side in 1970. I've not seen many better midfields than Ball, Harvey and Kendall.

RIP Alan.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Jam The Man said:
A Minute's applause is so much more evoking and appropriate. When there is a silence, there's always some anus-ring-knob-jockey who shouts out something abusive.

Another good reason is that i'm bringing my 4 year old to a match for the first time and i don't think '1 minute's silence' is something he's capable of!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here