Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Ball RIP

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Was one of my first real footballing hero`s.

Have never known stick like it from the north stand when he came to us in 78ish for Saints I think.

Always sign of a great player in those days

RIP Alan

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
True Legend :clap:

RIP Alan Ball :down: :down:

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
Very sad news. :(

Apparently, they are going to put that statue back up at St Marys and try and pass it off as him...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
RIP

:angel: :angel:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Blimey - there aren't many Englishmen who've won a world cup! Sorry to see him go.

RIP

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Very sad , RIP :angel:

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Very Sad. 2nd of the World Cup winning team to die and a bit of a shock as he was the youngest member of the squad.

According to the BBC report he never really got over the death of his wife from cancer (3 years ago)

RIP a true legend

Just shows that when your time is up-it's up, but 61 is too young for anybody to die these days. Bloody scary: ex-footballer, probably as fit as hell but still falls victim to a heart attack.

Didn't like him when he played for Arsenal, even less so for Everton but a Great player for England-what wouldn't we give for somebody like him playing for us at the Albion? England too!

R.I.P.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Met him at Crawley football club a couple of years ago. He was the after dinner speaker.

Top Bloke! passed away at a very young age.

RIP

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
To be honest I hadnt got a lot of time for the squeaky voiced carrot tops attitude or manner, BUT he was a fantastic player and was very much an unsung hero in that cup final. If you watch the game again now, he is everywhere. His managerial career is another example of a brilliant player not being able to work with those who dont match up to his standards, which means it was an unmitigated disaster.

Who remembers him scrapping with Neil McNab at Brighton Centre in a five a side thing in the early eightiea?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here