Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Against Villa, did we pick up a point...

Villa was...

• One point gained

Votes: 58 21.2%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 216 78.8%

• Total voters

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
As my son and grandsons are Villa fans (born a mile from Villa Park) I’m happy with the draw.
Given how our season was going up until the New Year I’m happy with a point.
If we stay up in May I’ll be happy we got a point.

That aside...........two points dropped but hey, I’m a pragmatist

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Disappointed we only drew after the way we dominated but no complaints about the team or Mr Potter

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Other fans think we are the luckiest team in the league. Every other team we have played save their worst game of thr season to play against us (save Leicester). Its all you ever bloody hear, rearly do the pundits give us credit for making the other team play badly.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
All over them, no decent striker. Again.

Oh come on. Martinez was the equivalent of a 12th player. 3 world class stops. For me at least there was no complaints in this regard, Maybe Maupay should have laid one off rather than having a go, but other than that the attempts on goal were quality, its just that Martinez is excellent and now has 12 clean sheets for the season.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Delighted with a point, Villa are a fine side. 99% of us would have taken a point before the game.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
They were mostly easy saves straight at him.

I suggest you have a look at the highlights or maybe you were watching a different game? Burns header couldn't have been closer to the top left corner, for Trossard he was diving high reaching back over his head and Veltman's was going straight to him until it took a deflection. We would most likely have scored except Maupay decided to be a dick head and not pass it to an unmarked Lallana standing in front of an open goal.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Yep, so many chances have gone begging this season.....................lacks composure & really frustrating.

I'm genuinely surprised when he does score !

Yep, the mental picture I get of Maupay is him looking disappointed with himself, where as whenever he gets it I expect him to miss either the chance or miss the correct pass.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
C’mon , it was a ruddy good performance by our team. They were all over them .. we were stifled by a goalkeeper having a brilliant game. A lot of our shots were on target.
It just didn’t run for us last night....
incidentally, where is this clinical striker going to come from if we haven’t got £50million to spend?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It's always a point gained but on the balance of play we have to put that down to 2 points frustratingly dropped.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I would, I thought we might be lacking in energy after the last three tough games. Potter played an absolute blinder and I ended up very disappointed :shrug:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Other fans think we are the luckiest team in the league. Every other team we have played save their worst game of thr season to play against us (save Leicester). Its all you ever bloody hear, rearly do the pundits give us credit for making the other team play badly.

The Sky team doing last night’s game were ridiculous in their bias.

So positive about Villa despite them doing nothing. And so negative about “Brighton” - despite our talented young team putting in another excellent performance.

The number of times we put together a very good move - either by an individual player or a number of players combining - and it just went uncommented on until they could trot out a line they wanted to about Villa’s potential or our wastefulness. Grrrrr....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
3 outstanding saves from Martinez........thought we’d be lucky to get anything before the game, in the end we were unlucky not to get all 3 points. Totally outplayed them and restricted them to nothing. Bossed the midfield and outstanding in defence, continuing the form of recent games. Keep this up and the points will come. Room to improve up front but the progress is fantastic.

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
Maupay on a bad run at the moment other strikers have been through it and come out of it. The problem with him is twofold. Bad decisions and more seriously terrible distribution in the final third. I have lost count of how many times Neil has given the ball away in the opposition half. Maybe it is indecision I don't know

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here