Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Against Villa, did we pick up a point...

Villa was...

• One point gained

Votes: 58 21.2%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 216 78.8%

• Total voters

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Maupay on a bad run at the moment other strikers have been through it and come out of it. The problem with him is twofold. Bad decisions and more seriously terrible distribution in the final third. I have lost count of how many times Neil has given the ball away in the opposition half. Maybe it is indecision I don't know

His pass completion rate interestingly is over 80%.........

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
This was a good result - Villa have been playing very well and Brighton dominated the game. Sometimes a goalie can have a blinder and stop everything.

There were far more positives in this game than negatives - unbeaten in 6 league games. I am not worried about the FA cup loss, in my opinion the team is better off out of the FA cup so that it didn't become a distraction like 2 years ago.

Wins against Palace and WBA and the team is well set up for the rest of the season.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
a point gained - thought villa might sneak a goal. We have improved just need to keep improving our last third work.

To say we have lost 2 points is unfair , we completely outplayed villa everywhere but where it mattered that is in the box. Long range shots should never beat a good keeper , the two headers were good, don't think Macs was easy as he came through at pace.

Enjoy what you saw rather than what might have been, as might have have's are just that.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'd say Martinez gained Villa a point. Even though the result was frustrating I do not think we dropped two points.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Went into the game thinking id be satisfied with a point, so cant complain too much. Hard really to even blame the strikers for not scoring seeing as a top goalkeepers performance kept them out.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
It was just one of those days where the keeper was never going to be beaten, I think most of us would be hard pressed to fault the effort.

Just glad we didn’t fully revert to type and concede a last minute goal, so for that reason it feels like a point gained to me.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
He actively chooses to wear a kit that is 2 sizes too small, for some reason.

Especially the shorts. Most of the Villa team now seem to follow suit. It was quite funny seeing our players with their shorts flapping around, whilst Villa thighs bulged in kit that was designed for a 10 year old.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here