Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AFC Wimbledon V Luton

D

Deleted User X18H

My link went down as Kedwell walked towards the area. Came back just as the ball crossed the line.

mrbigshot

Dec 15, 2009
Mid Sussex
Congrats to AFC Wimbledon, I wish them well in the football league. I've got a soft spot for them because my mum was born in Wimbledon. I hope they do better than Crawley

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
rememeber this night well...

4tu9r6.jpg

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
Great to see South Londons most loved club return to the League. Better than that shower of cheating sh*t from Croydon.

inland seagull

Aug 7, 2010
Northampton
Good luck AFC, with a stadium thats holds less than 4,500 fans you are going to need all the help you get. Hopefully the local authorities in your area will give you more support than they ever did in the past. Well done all the same

hornet

Mar 9, 2005
Horsham
Attendance only 18,000. I thought there would be more than that from both teams!

I think the fact someone decided tickets should be £40 each probably had an effect especially considering travel etc to get up there.

I think it's fascinating to see the completely different reaction today to AFCW's promotion to that when Crawley got promoted!

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
They should have held it at the Emirates and sold tickets for £20 max.

Well done to AFC though. Back where they belong.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Justice done after the theft of the Dons 'Franchise'.

And funny to see Gary Brabin's Luton stay non-league. He wouldn't give Crawley a guard of honour in April, and was a big mouth all season.
A bad loser out of the Adkins-mould.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Watched it in the supporters bar at Kingsmeadow and you can imagine the scenes when Kedwell's pen went in. Absolute mayhem.

Bloody brilliant result. From having trials on a Sunday morning at Clapham Common about 10 years ago to get 11 players together(!) to today's achievement is incredible. Amazing story and thanks to so many people giving up their time and effort for free.

Welcome back Wimbledon, and as has been said above, you're back where you belong.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
So pleased Wimbledon are back, that this was at the expense of Luton and that Franchise FC failed in the Play Offs.

Come on AFC, another surge next season and if Franchise do a Swindon, you could be above them.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I travelled up there today as work sponsor them. Load of us on the coach. Was a genuinly brilliant day, fantastic game of football and delighted to see them back in the league. Would be awesome if we got them in the 1st round of the league cup next season!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Having failed in the play offs here's to MKD doing a 'Swindon' and getting relegated only to be passed by AFC Wimbledon on their way to League One, would that not just be hilarious ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here