Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AFC Bournemouth v Brighton - the thread

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Just back here's my view on things

Martin - not ready, dunno why Liverpool were interested in him, nervous, and bad positioning for goal

Mayo - Solid

Dodd - Solid, will be a good acquisition, likes to roam forward occaisonaly aswell

Butters - back to his dependable best

Ashby - looked good, worth signing on a short term contract, great positioning, no nonsense stuff

Chippy - back to his best

Oatway - 110% in a friendly, coupled with a fair amount of talent. He definitely desrves his place in the side

Reid - very effective wide right, delivered some telling balls.

Hammond - beginning to ooze class, comfortable on the ball and deadly in the box, great header for his goal

McCammon - tried a bit at least today, but simply not good enough.

Mcphee - errr tried a bit at least today, but simply not good enough.

subs....

Jarrett - shockingly bad, running round in circles late in the game when he had acres of space

El - Abd - competent

CKR - struggled on his own upfront, showed signs of silly petulance, didn't do a lot, but he WILL come good this season I'm sure of that.

Nicholas - competent

Hart - ok until injured

-- A blind man can see that our defence is way too slow
-- Bmuff didn't attack us and sat back, but defence didn't look too shabby even with Martin in goal...Ashby will hopefully sign up.
-- CkR on his own upfront DOESN'T work
--Oatway is one of my favourite players now, tireless effort and has improved so much as a player in the last couple of years

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Nice one Dwayne. Tank said much better with Ash at the back.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Looks like Ashby is the missing piece of the Jigsaw at the moment at least then.

Hopefully we can get Blayney and then a left sided player and it's all sorted

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Remember this is a shit side that havent won at home for months.

Ashby is no solution, well past it imo! Derby will kill him and Tank!

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Albion Dan said:

Yep. If you say so.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Albion Dan said:

they're not the greatest home side but they are far from shit!!! they were unucky not to go up last season and have some quality young players.

...and when was the last time you saw ashby play?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Race said:
Yep. If you say so.

Well being Guys Missus I wouldnt expect anything less from you. I have no problem with your fella playing but as long as their is someone a bit pacey next to him. Two 35 year olds in bad news, I think most people would agree! We are playing teams in our division with forwards that are internationals!

Bournemouth have forwards more suited to the basement!!!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
dwayne said:
they're not the greatest home side but they are far from shit!!! they were unucky not to go up last season and have some quality young players.

...and when was the last time you saw ashby play?

When he played for Gills. He might be good, but again, alongside younger legs. I dont feel comfortable with two CD on the verge of retirement as our 1st choice, sorry.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
A twenty something pacey experienced Championship defender would cost money, and lots of it. There isnt that sort money to spend. So old and experienced it is.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Cullip wasn't exactly Mr quick and people didn't moan then! Give them a chance!

Experience counts for a lot when your a defender!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The season we got to the play-off final we had Guy and Danny in the centre of defence, both of whom had years of experience, most of the time they played alongside Harding/Virgo/Hinsh, who between them had very little, it seemed to work very well.

Have to say CKR seem to change the game for me. We looked clueless until then (or maybe they got a kick at H.T.?).

Ashby looked OK to me and think he'll probably signed up and be in the starting line vs. Derby.

We desperately need a keeper (on loan) or Blaney in. Martin was deffo no best placed for their free kick (have to say it also point out the goal happened when Ashby had gone off the field for a bit of the magic sponge ;) ).

Dodd is very slow, but sure knew how to put a ball in when he did progress up the pitch. Shame because it then takes an age for him to get back.

For me it's the pace of Dodd and Mayo that concerns me, not Butters or Ashby.

Oh and why the f*ck did I have to walk all the way to a ticket office on the otherside of the ground to buy a ticket it made me late in. f*ckin mickey mouse club :angry:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Martin made a decent save in the first half although fumbled badly in the second and then was possibly at fault for the goal. Poor wall. So obvious where the guy was gonna go.

Dodd looked quality at right back, getting forward and putting in decent crosses. One of which McPhee headed over when it seemed a nailed on goal.

Ashby appeared competant. Never really tested though so hard to judge. Reid misplaced a few passes on the right but put had an okay game. Carpenter was very good, good control and spread the play. Nicolas played well as a holding defender behind Chippy and Oatway. The half time switch to 4-5-1 saw us take control and although Richards didnt get many chances we controlled the game and scored twice. Oatway missed a sitter and then Richards should have scored but didn't connect properly with a header.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Albion Dan said:
When he played for Gills. He might be good, but again, alongside younger legs. I dont feel comfortable with two CD on the verge of retirement as our 1st choice, sorry.

so you wouldn't have been comfortable with Keown and Adams 3 or 4 seasons ago when they were about 34/35 and part of the best defensive unit in the country?!?!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Thats why 3 at the back may be the answer with abd to add a bit of pace.

I think ashby may be the answer from reports on here, im willing to be proved wrong that he may not be what we are looking for pace wise. - I thought he played at rb so what do i know anyway!
:jester:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
KinkyGoebels said:
Thats why 3 at the back may be the answer with abd to add a bit of pace.

I think ashby may be the answer from reports on here, im willing to be proved wrong that he may not be what we are looking for pace wise. - I thought he played at rb so what do i know anyway!
:jester:

Exactly.......get back to plucking your eyebrows :lolol:

:p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here