Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adverts that get on your wick..

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Can I just have a quick moan, I need to get this off my chest.

The bloody 'Just for men' hair stuff..

"Targets only the grey hair.."

Then it shows this crosshair selecting 'only the grey hair'.. this is rubbish. It just dyes all your hair different shades of brown or whatever, I dont believe a hair product has the technology to only target grey hairs.

WHY DO THEY LIE TO US! :angry:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
There's a game on. Can I come back later?

Biscuit said:
Can I just have a quick moan, I need to get this off my chest.

The bloody 'Just for men' hair stuff..

"Targets only the grey hair.."

Then it shows this crosshair selecting 'only the grey hair'.. this is rubbish. It just dyes all your hair different shades of brown or whatever, I dont believe a hair product has the technology to only target grey hairs.

WHY DO THEY LIE TO US! :angry:

Any adverts selling biscuits.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
dougdeep said:
There's a game on. Can I come back later?

OK, if you find listening to the game and posting on off topic threads to difficult to do at the same time.

Then again, if you can't type on a thread while the game is on, how can you can read it? :rolleyes:

I think I'll take a cold bath.

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
That Cillit Bang advert gets on my nerves. The advert looks so cheap and nasty that it certainly wouldn't make me want to buy the product. And that's not the blokes real voice either, it must be so bad that they had to do a voice-over.
And before anyone asks...yes, it IS a real product. They sell it in Asda.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
That advert with June "I'm not really patronising" Whitfield for what ever kind of retirement fund it is.

But the "3" adverts are quality. :lolol:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
That quoteline direct advert. GRRRRRRR it gets right on my tits. So much so that I actually turn over everytime it is on.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'm free. That damn Blockbusters ad on Talksport. I change channels, as it's on every five minutes.:angry:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
The advert for Photocopiers on Talksport is horrendous ...

Can copy ...Can copy ...Can copy ...Can copy ...Can copy ...Can copy ...Can copy ...Can copy ...Can copy ...Can copy ...

SHUT THE FOOK UP!

geoffreyp

Oct 4, 2004
rustington
dont know the "comedians" name (use term comedian very loosely in this case). he's got long hair but receding at the top and shouts all the way through a double glazing advert. does my f*****g head in

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Gullet said:
That Cillit Bang advert gets on my nerves. The advert looks so cheap and nasty that it certainly wouldn't make me want to buy the product. And that's not the blokes real voice either, it must be so bad that they had to do a voice-over.
And before anyone asks...yes, it IS a real product. They sell it in Asda.

Well it's just one of those Euro-ads innit. Some two-bit PLC that fancies global domination - on a budget - for their crappy product. So they cast actors to play the constituent members of what they imagine to be the typical Euro family - totally overlooking that the UK rool OK in matters of advertising sophistication. Probably works jolly well in Albania and the former Austro-Hungarian Empire also. However, in the UK, as Gullet rightly states, Cillit Bang looks exactly like the cheap and nasty piece of shit it is. Ha ha.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here