Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Advertisement

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Land for Low Density Development

120 acres of land available for low density development adjacent to railway line and main road. Zoned for sports and recreation.
Deadline for final representations to the Local Plan is 10 March 2005. Any takers?

36% of the respondents (about 50 people and reputable organisations) have already made representations in favour of low density development (not houses) with public open spaces. Not an AONB.

This land at Pende will be developed. Just what form that the development will take is the only question.

It not cut much ice on an empty dream. It would need somebody with say a £50 million plan as starters. The roads will cost £10 million.

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I am not into winning or losing. Get your blinkers off (if you want: I don't really care!)

I am just laying out the facts.

I know what I would do though if I had £50 million to invest. I would say I would be willing to make such an investment whilst still keeping all my existing options open (e.g. Falmer).

I can't see how a small Council could turn down a large investment providing needed jobs outright. Any rate, I asked the Planning Officer and that's what she said in their noncommittal way that they would be obliged to consider even a smaller investment.

They do not know want to do with the land. There are two landowners who would definitely sell.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This is so pathetic FFS just leave it :angry: :angry:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I HAVE JUST FOUND THIS.

HORTON - WHY DO YOU NOT LET THIS LIE YOU JUDAS.

YOU HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU CAN TO KILL THIS FOOTBALL CLUB AND MANY OF US REMEMEBR YOUR TREACHERY WITH THE FALMER APPLICATION

THE TIME HAS COME FOR YOU TO f*** RIGHT OFF:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dies Irae said:
I HAVE JUST FOUND THIS.

YOU HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU CAN TO KILL THIS FOOTBALL CLUB AND MANY OF US REMEMEBR YOUR TREACHERY WITH THE FALMER APPLICATION

THE TIME HAS COME FOR YOU TO f*** RIGHT OFF:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Spoken like a gentleman!!!

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Dies Irae said:
I HAVE JUST FOUND THIS.

Yeah, f*** OFF JUDAS!!

(That feels better, although I don't understand why I'm calling him a judas)

:censored:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Let's just hope Falmer isn't delayed by another couple of years or whatever then.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
TrevorDove said:
Yeah, f*** OFF JUDAS!!

(That feels better, although I don't understand why I'm calling him a judas)

:censored:
He doesn't want the stadium at Falmer. He has been campaigning to have it at Shoreham Airport instead. Lord Bracknell personally blamed him for Shoreham Airport being added to the list of sites to be discussed at the Public Inquiry, costing the Albion an extra £60,000.

Cue Perseus' back-of-a-fag-packet drawings about the mythical land of Pende...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The Large One said:
Cue Perseus' back-of-a-fag-packet drawings about the mythical land of Pende...

You mean it really exists!??

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If I owned the bloody land, the stadium would be built by now.

The point is that if Falmer goes tits up, any alternative option would want to be zoned for sporting use so there would not be a need for a Public Inquiry for change of zoning use.

It don't matter if Falmer goes through.

I expect I will suggest that Lancing FC be relocated on the land with some football pitches which other people have said anyway. Lancing FC own their dilapidated ground anyway, so they could sell it for housing and build a brand new one.

Don't get too excited though. Could play the youth games there though. Could make some proper pitches with grass not dandelions and mud. That might happen anyway.

This thread was on page 2, so you could have let it slide into oblivion.

I am not kidding when I said that 50 people and organisations have expressed reserved support for some development on the strategic gaps (it is the stakeholder group minutes). And it is fair to - good flat farming land not that useless piece of flint-strewn slope near Falmer with soil that will have to be imported.

What could be done is take the good soil from Pende and put it on Falmer and then take the spoil from Falmer and put it on Pende with all the other piles of dirt. Give lots of jobs for lorry driver shifting it all around.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Wasn't the Shoreham Airport site ruled out on the grounds of the new planned runway would bisect the new stadium?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
perseus said:
What could be done is take the good soil from Pende and put it on Falmer and then take the spoil from Falmer and put it on Pende with all the other piles of dirt. Give lots of jobs for lorry driver shifting it all around.
Have you lost it completely ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here