Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Admit it. Goldstone Retail Park

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
Come on, own up. When you are walking around the Goldstone Retail Park, you stand in positions that you think roughly in the same spot great goals were scored in !!. I have scored many goals in Toys R Us.

Am I alone on this one ??. I don't think so.

:clap2:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I drive past it, quite a bit and have popped into Comet.

Brings back many happy memories that outweigh the sad memories. Who knows what would have happened, if we hadn't left The Goldstone. Would we have won two Championships? Would we have enjoy so many grand moments? Difficult to say, but however sad it was to lose The Goldstone, it is in the past.

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
Exactly. It is in THE PAST. People who wont step foot in there are being a bit odd. I have been a Brighton fan through and through for the last 25 years but it doesn't bother me. Get over it !!:drink:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
ali jenkins said:
Is it true that there is a 'centre sopt' in the middle of Toys R Us or is it just a rumer?

Is it just a WHAT? Rumer?? Don't they teach spelling any more?

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
have not been there since last game at the Goldstone, have not driven past. My wife describes me as 'pathetic' for making detours around the former ground rather than acknowledge what she describes as 'progress'. Still won't go into Focus which probably explains the state of our house.

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
wadhurstseagull said:
have not been there since last game at the Goldstone, have not driven past. My wife describes me as 'pathetic' for making detours around the former ground rather than acknowledge what she describes as 'progress'. Still won't go into Focus which probably explains the state of our house.
Have to agree with your wife !

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
goldstone said:
Is it just a WHAT? Rumer?? Don't they teach spelling any more?

ooops sorry :blush:

And just for the record, i have no problem going shopping in there and i also think that some people need to get over it!

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Yip, ive even taken a piss where the legendery north stand bogs were.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Its not the shops fault!

Its thge bord that sold the ground and then the developers that sold it to the shops!

Boycotting them aint exactly gunna do much is it?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
ali jenkins said:
Its not the shops fault!

Its thge bord that sold the ground and then the developers that sold it to the shops!

It makes me feel better.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
ali jenkins said:
Its not the shops fault!

It's about the principle.

It's irrelevant that it's not the shop's fault.

That bit of land is sacred to me and will be until the day I pass off this mortal coil.

As a consumer, you can pick and choose where you shop. I choose to go elsewhere.

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I was on a driving lesson once, and my instructer asked me to drive into it, (practise reverse parking) I refused outright and explained about the Goldstone. He said fair enough and we went somewhere else.. wonder if I could have done that during a test?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here